No announcement yet.

Timed Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget to check out the hammer and krivo timed. Only reason why I don't have krivo is I like the stand and fill option. Don't want to lug bags up a ladder or stand on truck.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Thanks guys trough is an option but this is the all seasons I’m talking about. During off season I will also have a free choice feeder going in the same spot but this is just so I can keep it going through the season. In the off season this would give me 4k lbs of feed per spot to cut refill trips. My free choice also converts to corn so I could have 1 ton of corn and 1 ton of protein capacity during the season.
      [ATTACH]883553[/ATTACH]
      This looks like a great option priced just about the same as a Krivoman 2,000 + timed protein lower unit for those of us not close to Krivoman. Anyone have one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
        This looks like a great option priced just about the same as a Krivoman 2,000 + timed protein lower unit for those of us not close to Krivoman. Anyone have one of these?
        Anyone have one of the All Season's timed units up above?

Comment

I've got 2 on order so I will be the guinea pig. [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

The coons are not going to be pleased with the shut down of their all night protein buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
            I've got 2 on order so I will be the guinea pig. [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

The coons are not going to be pleased with the shut down of their all night protein buffet.
            If you don't mind let me know what you think when you get them running.

Comment

If you don't mind let me know what you think when you get them running.
              No problem at all. Will do

Comment

I've got that 2000lb timed pro evo unit above. Put it out last year and haven't had any issues with it so far. Really like being able to determine the amount of protein fed which allows me to know how often to go for a refill and keep loss to a minimum.

Comment

No problem at all. Will do
                  How are these feeders working out for you? What happens if the tubes fill up? Does the spinner keep trying to spin and get damaged? Can it be filled from the bed of a truck or is it too high? Is it heavy duty enough to withstand aoudad?

Thanks for any updates. I am just about sold on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                    How are these feeders working out for you? What happens if the tubes fill up? Does the spinner keep trying to spin and get damaged? Can it be filled from the bed of a truck or is it too high? Is it heavy duty enough to withstand aoudad?

Thanks for any updates. I am just about sold on this one.
                    In a word.....TERRIBLE!!!!!

Either one or both of them was clogged up where the mechanism spins every single time we went to them. Had to take them apart and unclog it every time. Took 6 months or so to get 1 ton of protein fed out of one. A complete waste of a protein feeding season.

I don't have a clue what was wrong with the 2 we got and All Seasons, while providing outstanding customer service, couldn't make sense of the issue. They gave me stuff to adjust and check but it never helped.

All Seasons finally offered to replace them both to solve our problems and I just traded for 3000# gravity flow since I just didn't want to risk issues with the timed again. I was pretty fed up with the feeders at that point.

They seemed very honest about not getting very many calls about them and the adjustment that usually solved the problem but it didn't help with mine, but they could not have been better at customer service. Those 2 feeders just had issues.

Comment

In a word.....TERRIBLE!!!!!

Either one or both of them was clogged up where the mechanism spins every single time we went to them. Had to take them apart and unclog it every time. Took 6 months or so to get 1 ton of protein fed out of one. A complete waste of a protein feeding season.

I don't have a clue what was wrong with the 2 we got and All Seasons, while providing outstanding customer service, couldn't make sense of the issue. They gave me stuff to adjust and check but it never helped.

All Seasons finally offered to replace them both to solve our problems and I just traded for 3000# gravity flow since I just didn't want to risk issues with the timed again. I was pretty fed up with the feeders at that point.

They seemed very honest about not getting very many calls about them and the adjustment that usually solved the problem but it didn't help with mine, but they could not have been better at customer service. Those 2 feeders just had issues.
                      Thanks for the honest update. But that was the last thing I wanted to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                        I've got that 2000lb timed pro evo unit above. Put it out last year and haven't had any issues with it so far. Really like being able to determine the amount of protein fed which allows me to know how often to go for a refill and keep loss to a minimum.
                        Are you still having good luck with your 2000lb pro evo?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Thanks guys trough is an option but this is the all seasons I’m talking about. During off season I will also have a free choice feeder going in the same spot but this is just so I can keep it going through the season. In the off season this would give me 4k lbs of feed per spot to cut refill trips. My free choice also converts to corn so I could have 1 ton of corn and 1 ton of protein capacity during the season.
                          [ATTACH]883553[/ATTACH]
                          Did you end up buying this?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                            Are you still having good luck with your 2000lb pro evo?

I am, haven’t had a single issue. Been debating on buying another, not sure I want to double the protein bill right now though! The times I have cleaned it out have been pretty easy, unbolt the lower unit (8 10mm self tapping screws), clean up and re-bolt.

During growing season I throw enough protein that there is still a little leftover that carries in to the night. (I only feed once in the morning). This really conditions deer to be ready for the morning feed. When hunting season comes around I reduce the feed amount and add 3 bags or so of corn, deer still wait around for the morning feeding. The bottom of the feed tube is a mesh, haven’t had any clogging issues in the tube due to rain.

It did originally take me some time to figure out how much to feed it took to keep the deer fed. By watching the deer, checking the feeder before it went off to see how much was left over, and checking tail cams I was able to get it pretty dialed in.

Just now starting to see some results of feeding with increased buck and doe numbers, haven’t seen many, if any, spikes this year; all 1 yr old bucks have been fork horns or bigger. 2-3 yr old bucks look stronger than before. For the first time also seen a freaky buck. Does no longer look skinny while pregnant. Fawn crops have been looking great, mommas stay fat throughout the season and bucks recover nicely after the rut.

About the only thing I’ve noticed on the feeder is the paint has started coming off in some places over the past three years. The only thing I can think of is this is from bucks craping their antlers near the feed tubes? It’s kind of like a scratching on the tubes and some places on the legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              I am, haven’t had a single issue. Been debating on buying another, not sure I want to double the protein bill right now though! The times I have cleaned it out have been pretty easy, unbolt the lower unit (8 10mm self tapping screws), clean up and re-bolt.

During growing season I throw enough protein that there is still a little leftover that carries in to the night. (I only feed once in the morning). This really conditions deer to be ready for the morning feed. When hunting season comes around I reduce the feed amount and add 3 bags or so of corn, deer still wait around for the morning feeding. The bottom of the feed tube is a mesh, haven’t had any clogging issues in the tube due to rain.

It did originally take me some time to figure out how much to feed it took to keep the deer fed. By watching the deer, checking the feeder before it went off to see how much was left over, and checking tail cams I was able to get it pretty dialed in.

Just now starting to see some results of feeding with increased buck and doe numbers, haven’t seen many, if any, spikes this year; all 1 yr old bucks have been fork horns or bigger. 2-3 yr old bucks look stronger than before. For the first time also seen a freaky buck. Does no longer look skinny while pregnant. Fawn crops have been looking great, mommas stay fat throughout the season and bucks recover nicely after the rut.

About the only thing I’ve noticed on the feeder is the paint has started coming off in some places over the past three years. The only thing I can think of is this is from bucks craping their antlers near the feed tubes? It’s kind of like a scratching on the tubes and some places on the legs.

Honestly, this response really doesn't surprise me based on my conversations with All Seasons. They seem to be a relatively problem free unit for them overall. The only thing they could figure is our 2 were made incorrectly somehow. Don't know if they had any other issues from that "batch" per se.

Just didn't feel like taking the risk with 2 replacement ones when I knew free choice would be a non-issue. All night coon pics are aggravating for sure, because I tried to prevent the issue initially.

Comment

Wonder if you had a leak near the window? Somehow moisture was getting in to clog things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X