Timed Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timed Protein

On the timed feeders is there any reason to use a trough feeder VS one like the All Seasons Pro Evo timed? I like the idea of being weather protected in the tubes vs. the trough if its wet but didnt know if anybody had seen a benefit to the trough. The timed Pro Evo seems really well priced also compared to other timed feeders

I have one awsome!!

Comment

The only thing i know is that when protein gets wet it becomes a hard nasty mess. That for me is why i do not use a trough feeder

Comment

When I first purchased my 1500lb lamco trough feeder the first couple months I hated it. Of course it rained every other day and the deer were not very use to it, so I had to clean it out very often. I've had it for 4 years now and have not cleaned it out since and love it. Deer prefer the trough over the tubes no doubt.

Comment

I'd choose the All Seasons over any trough feeder every time if I were going to go with a spinner-type distribution system. All Seasons people are great to deal with also.

Comment

I have a 800# Lamco trough feeder that I’m happy with. When I first set it up I put 100 pounds of protein in the troughs. It rained two days later and made a pretty big mess. Haven’t had any issues sense. We’ve been feeding free choice protein for 4 years. It took then about a month to get comfortable eating from the new feeder. They’re going through 8 pounds a day now and I could probably double that if I wanted to.

Comment

I have some of the Lamcos with rain sensors. I never have any issues.

Comment

I like the timed all seasons. Have been very pleased with this feeder.

Comment

Mine is the 900#
                  Stand and fill for me, if your about 6'+, keeps feed pretty dry and don't loose much to coons or turkey.

Next choice would prob be the krivo with the hammer. But I'm trying to stay with stand and fill because I'm usually filling by myself.
                  Last edited by KactusKiller; 11-15-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Mine is the 900#
                    Stand and fill for me, if your about 6'+, keeps feed pretty dry and don't loose much to coons or turkey.

Next choice would prob be the krivo with the hammer. But I'm trying to stay with stand and fill because I'm usually filling by myself.

How often do you have to fill those water totes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What I've seen, go with trough every time. No tubes.

Comment

All season tubes, no trough for me. Curious to hear from others why they prefer the trough..

Comment

I haven't tried the tubes but I like the trough Lamcos I have. After they started hitting they keep it cleaned out way before it would get wet.

I could see the tubes being better where you have a lot of turkey.

I do think the open troughs probably are a little more appealing to bucks eating out them but once they are hooked I don't think it would matter either way.

Comment

I like the troughs because of the space... A lot of deer can get eat at one time.

I have not had to clean mine out due to it getting wet, the deer clean it up for me..

Comment

Subscribed. Really interested in what guys use who have a lot of aoudad. Those thin All Seasons wouldn’t stand a chance unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X