Hunt for the 10mm Socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Those head bolts used a Torx socket, not a 12 point. I hada '67 Opel Cadet that had them.
    How did you ever fit in a Opal Cadet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      How did you ever fit in a Opal Cadet ?
      Gettin in wasn't a problem. Gettin back out was another issue.

The car was give to me when I was HS. It was what gave me my CB handle. Rodeo Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
        That looks like a good way to lose three 10 mm sockets and a rope.
        I was thinking the same thing

Comment

I thought it was just me. I have two in the door of a 98 suburban.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            Since my 20 year old son has started doing a lot of mechanic work, every set of wrenches, sockets and screw drivers I have are missing several of the tools. They were all complete when I was the only one using them.
            Yep, as soon as my youngest got a gokart, dirtbike etc.

The worse is having a machine shop and having employees use my personal stuff along with stuff just for the shop. Constantly buying stuff, it never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              [ATTACH]1118506[/ATTACH]

I found a few
              Cheater

Comment

Great idea!
                I have a couple that I've cut down for specific applications. Could always use a few spares.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  Yep, as soon as my youngest got a gokart, dirtbike etc.

The worse is having a machine shop and having employees use my personal stuff along with stuff just for the shop. Constantly buying stuff, it never ends.
                  When I worked as a mechanic I had a big problem with other mechanics “borrowing” my tools and never bringing them back. So, I started locking my tool box all the time, and if someone needed to borrow a tool, I took their car/truck keys as collateral. Once they brought my tools back then they got their keys back. That put a stop to my tools coming up missing, and made a few mechanics mad after they had to round up all of my tools AFTER it was quitting time! It worked though.

Comment

Oldly enough did the kiddo's front brakes today and 10mm wasn't needed. The funny part is it was the first deep socket I picked up.

What I did have trouble finding was the rest of my mm sockets.

Comment

Working...
                    X