No announcement yet.

10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you get it back in good shape Kevin. And I hope you get your money too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
      I'd take the letter and contract to your local PD or Sheriff and report it stolen. Don't take the first "no" from a lazy-desk-bound LEO. Let your insurance company deal with it. That's why you pay them. They'll cut you a check quickly.

I went the lawsuit route when a repo company took my Harley (mistaken for another one) and damaged it. I was mad and wanted them to have to pay me personally. I won the suit in JP Court (small claims) but they refused to pay, and filed an appeal to the Brazoria County Appeals Court. There's nothing you can do about it, even if you win, other than pursue a judgement over their assets. But even then you have an uphill battle to ever recover anything at all. They'll just sell their assets for pennies on the dollar to a family member or friend. BTW if I'd won an appeal, I couldn't sue for anything greater than the first judgement won in JP Court. Not even for further court or legal fees.

My insurance company had me a check in less than a week.
      Post #55

Comment

I see BBB mentioned on here a few times.
        BBB does nothing and they are a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I own virtually the same camper, 32’ and you can pull it with a tundra, I’ve seen me do it.

All you need is a equalizer hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You can. Doesn’t mean you should.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            You can. Doesn’t mean you should.

Pulled it 500 miles. The camper weighs 8500lbs. All you need is trailer breaks, it’s a simple concept really.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Pulled it 500 miles. The camper weighs 8500lbs. All you need is trailer breaks, it’s a simple concept really.

I guess you are protected from yourself judging by your avatar. Takes more than the trailer brakes in an emergency is all I am saying. And the 8500 pounds is probably empty. No?

Comment

Some of you seem to be confused, based on your comments.
                To clarify:

We signed a contract with a company that has a fleet of rental trailers.
                They rent them out, just like you'd do on rvshare or outdoorsy.
                When the trailer is rented, we get 40% of the rental fee.
                They're supposed to clean the trailer after each rental and do any maintenance required.

The detective called Tina a short while ago. He's going by Vakay, TODAY, to see if our trailer is on their lot. If it is, he is going to inform them what's going on an that we will come get it today. If it's not there, he will let them know that if they don't get it back to us, they're going to have problems.

This is moving pretty quick, which makes me happy. I know the legal end of this, to collect our money won't be nearly as quick.

Ft Bend Sheriff has been nothing but helpful through this ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                  I see BBB mentioned on here a few times.
                  BBB does nothing and they are a waste of time.
                  This is not true.

I filed a BBB report against a Dodge dealership. They called me about 4-5 days later and worked with us to resolve the issue. Before the BBB report they basically told me to pound sand.

But even if it does nothing to get them to help, some people actually look at BBB so they can know to steer clear. Everyone can read your complain. So it can and will help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    Some of you seem to be confused, based on your comments.
                    To clarify:

We signed a contract with a company that has a fleet of rental trailers.
                    They rent them out, just like you'd do on rvshare or outdoorsy.
                    When the trailer is rented, we get 40% of the rental fee.
                    They're supposed to clean the trailer after each rental and do any maintenance required.

The detective called Tina a short while ago. He's going by Vakay, TODAY, to see if our trailer is on their lot. If it is, he is going to inform them what's going on an that we will come get it today. If it's not there, he will let them know that if they don't get it back to us, they're going to have problems.

This is moving pretty quick, which makes me happy. I know the legal end of this, to collect our money won't be nearly as quick.

Ft Bend Sheriff has been nothing but helpful through this ordeal.
                    Glad to hear they are moving quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      This is not true.

I filed a BBB report against a Dodge dealership. They called me about 4-5 days later and worked with us to resolve the issue. Before the BBB report they basically told me to pound sand.

But even if it does nothing to get them to help, some people actually look at BBB so they can know to steer clear. Everyone can read your complain. So it can and will help others.
                      This.

Comment

The detective went by ... they had already moved to another location in Needville.
                        The trailer wasn't on the lot; just advertised on their website to hopefully get people in the door. Ron, the owner of Vakay said our RV is in Louisiana and is supposed to be back next week. Detective told him that if it wasn't back next week that he would be responsible for the theft of the trailer. Ron said he knew how it worked; apparently this isn't the first time this has happened.

Since Ron did admit that the trailer is in Louisiana, that proves that it has been rented all this time and that he does owe us all that back rent. As of today, 6 months worth.

I wish he would have put his *** in cuffs, but I guess this is due process.

I guess we'll start getting documents together for small claims court. IMO a useless avenue, but it may be enough to hurt his business once we have a judgement against them.

I don't often have ill will towards anyone, but I hope their business is ruined after this. Very unprofessional way to operate.

Comment

I wouldn’t do it anyway but after this I Definitely would never rent mine out.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            This is not true.

That was on the dealer, BBB can’t do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              The detective went by ... they had already moved to another location in Needville.
                              The trailer wasn't on the lot; just advertised on their website to hopefully get people in the door. Ron, the owner of Vakay said our RV is in Louisiana and is supposed to be back next week. Detective told him that if it wasn't back next week that he would be responsible for the theft of the trailer. Ron said he knew how it worked; apparently this isn't the first time this has happened.

Since Ron did admit that the trailer is in Louisiana, that proves that it has been rented all this time and that he does owe us all that back rent. As of today, 6 months worth.

I wish he would have put his *** in cuffs, but I guess this is due process.

I guess we'll start getting documents together for small claims court. IMO a useless avenue, but it may be enough to hurt his business once we have a judgement against them.

I don't often have ill will towards anyone, but I hope their business is ruined after this. Very unprofessional way to operate.
                              Kevin, did the Vakay owner give the cop the address of where the RV is in Needville? Did he explain to the cop why he has not paid you? If my math is correct, Vakay owes you $12,600 for 6 months rental. That's some serious coin. Have you spoken with Ron to ask why he has not paid you?

Not legal advice, but here is what I would do: First, I would be at the rental dealership, in his face, demanding my money. Since you have received payments from him in the past, you have his bank account information. If you file suit in small claims (JP) court, you will most likely get a judgement for the amount Vakay owes you. Once you get the judgement, you can file a Writ of Attachment to attach Vakay's bank account, and the bank is obligated to pay you from Vakay's account. I read on TBH often that folks get a judgement but then...nothing. You can collect if they have money in their bank account and you know where that bank account is.

Of course, you want your RV back first, and I would press to get that plus what he owes you. Once you have possession of your RV, then file suit for the amount owed if he has not already paid you. Then go after his bank account.

Comment

Im glad to hear this going well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X