Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deer innerloins?

looking for something new besides throwing them on pit? thanks

I don’t think it gets any better than kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and olive oil seared in a super hot cast iron skillet till medium rare. It’s the best venison cut there is no need to do too much too it

Comment

Cube or shred them for tacos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We slice them and make bacon wraps.

Comment

We cook them on the grill as soon as we get the deer back to camp.

Comment

Quick hot seat on all sides, remove from skillet and add butter until melted and then deglaze with Jack Daniels. Slice tenderloins into 1/2 to 1” medallions, place back into skillet with demi-glace only until reheated and serve immediately. Salt/pepper to taste. Darn good eats!

Comment

Coupd also sear real hard in cast iron with onion. Remove meat and onion, make brown gravy, then add meat and onion back in and simmer for a bit. Really solid meal served with asparagus/fresh green beans/salad and mashed potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                Quick hot seat on all sides, remove from skillet and add butter until melted and then deglaze with Jack Daniels. Slice tenderloins into 1/2 to 1” medallions, place back into skillet with demi-glace only until reheated and serve immediately. Salt/pepper to taste. Darn good eats!
                I do something similar to this but use wine instead of Jack. Will definitely try it with some whiskey next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                  I don’t think it gets any better than kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and olive oil seared in a super hot cast iron skillet till medium rare. It’s the best venison cut there is no need to do too much too it
                  Agreed.... I make a sauce with whole grain mustard, mushrooms and shallots to go with it. Next to some brown butter spaetzle!!!

Comment

This is our favorite way to cook them:
                    Food for Hunters is a blog that provides wild game recipes, cooking tips, and information on the outdoors and hunting.

Comment

Soak in Allegro original for 24 hours then grill to medium rare. Simple and delicious...

Comment

Crockpot philly cheese steaks. They break apart perfectly. Serve on a hoagie bun with provolone.

Comment

Tender Jerky

Comment

Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                              I do something similar to this but use wine instead of Jack. Will definitely try it with some whiskey next time.
                              I know, wine sounds much more appetizing, but you will be surprised at how good it is with JD. Try it and let us know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X