2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    We didn't cut him any slack and came out with 140 2/8".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thats a great buck anywhere, but for Montgomery County it’s especially impressive.

Comment

Thanks! Forgot the cooler pic.[emoji3]

Congrats, awesome deer!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Thats a great buck anywhere, but for Montgomery County it’s especially impressive.
        This was my lease in Houston County. I'm still on the hunt in Montgomery County.

Comment

This was my lease in Houston County. I'm still on the hunt in Montgomery County.

Dang, I don't see anything like that at my place in Houston County.

Real nice one man. Congrats!

J

Comment

Oh wow. That place turned out to be a real gem.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              Dang, I don't see anything like that at my place in Houston County.

Real nice one man. Congrats!

J
              That one was probably just passing thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                “ can you caped one for me? He’s a big one.. maybe 160!!!”....sure bring him on

Dropped tailgate.......... “he passed 160 A LONG TIME AGO!”
                Dang nice buck !

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  That one was probably just passing thru.
                  yup on his way to Anderson co most likely

Comment

There have been some really nice bucks taken the last few weeks. It's been a good year and best news is my target buck is still alive and running around, although I am done for the season I am hoping he makes it through to next year and I can get another crack at him

Comment

Anybody here hunt Van Zandt county? Or have any issues with guys running dogs? My grandparents have a little farm out there with some cattle. I put up two feeders and lock on stands for bow hunting. Have seen some deer but several times guys running hog dogs on my cams. Only one buck on camera but a guy about 4 miles down the road killed a Boone & Crockett buck last year. Its about 150-160 acres

Comment

Well top 2 target bucks
                        Attached Files

Comment

We didn't cut him any slack and came out with 140 2/8".

Man he’s an awesome deer. I’m a sucker for a split G3 and he’s got one of the coolest splits I’ve ever seen. Great deer and congrats again.

Comment

Anybody have deer coming to corn in Nacogdoches county or are they still on the acorns?
                            Grits

Comment

I
                              Thanks! Forgot the cooler pic.[emoji3]

That’s a stud Mr Johnny. Congrats my friend.

Rwc

Comment

The buffalo method plot is looking awesome and taking some pressure! All plots have several active scrapes this week. I made 3 scrapes on 3 properties (1 per property) and all were hit and are being used frequently. I have cameras on then set to video, look forward to learning from them

My turnips in every plot on every property SUCK this year? Don’t know if due to planting later, or what the deal is. I planted most mixed in and they suck and tried one plot with them isolated (testing a YouTube claim, by “expert” that I’ve proven wrong/different result several times).. but just had to know... and they didn’t grow at all?

Thinking a timing issue, so won’t make it the gospel yet

Acorns are boot top deep, but deer are still eating plots, protein and corn on camera’s. I’d chose cover if I were still in the game. Everyone I know looking at a barrel is bored out of their mind, not even hogs
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X