No announcement yet.

What brand of bow do yall recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real bow has no metal or glass! All the above is good advice. Hook up with caughtenhobble you won’t be disappointed. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Do it...do it now.

Good luck on your trad endeavor MrLegacy.
      Thanx Friar sir. Im just gonna take my time, gather data, look for deals. Pretty much decided on arrows and broadheads. The bow choice still up for grabs.

Comment

Black Widow for recurve, Toelke for longbow

Comment

Savage Bows of course, but I'm kinda partial to them.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
            Savage Bows of course, but I'm kinda partial to them.
            That's pretty

Comment

When I first decided to give traditional archery a try I bought a 40 lb Samick Sage recurve from 3 Rivers Archery.
              I still believe it is a fantastic bow for the money. Good looking and solid riser with mounting bushings installed for any accessory that you can think of. The limbs are pretty smooth and shoot well for entry level ones. You can start with a set of low poundage limbs and then increase the weight as you build up your shooting muscles and ability.

The Samick Journey is also a good buy. We keep one around the house as an extra bow for company to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey_sh View Post
                When I first decided to give traditional archery a try I bought a 40 lb Samick Sage recurve from 3 Rivers Archery.
                I still believe it is a fantastic bow for the money. Good looking and solid riser with mounting bushings installed for any accessory that you can think of. The limbs are pretty smooth and shoot well for entry level ones. You can start with a set of low poundage limbs and then increase the weight as you build up your shooting muscles and ability.

The Samick Journey is also a good buy. We keep one around the house as an extra bow for company to shoot.
                Thanx, excellent info

Comment

Definitely get a 35lb sage, cheap arrows, perfect your form, then jump up to a 50 lb longbow/recurve. Bob Sarrels is a Texan near Austin that’s been making bows for a long time now. I jumped in off the bat at a 49 lb longbow and wished I had staged up, which is more common than you think.

Comment

Black Hunter!

Comment

I dive headfirst into trad about 4 months ago. Sold all my compound stuff and went to RMS Gear in Colorado and had them set me up. IF you have the option of finding a shop or someone with the knowledge to get you going, start there. The choice of beginner bow depends a lot on your budget and whether or not you’re an “all-in” kinda person.

I’ve been shooting a fleetwood bow, I can’t remember the model, since I started hard core. It shoots decent, is pretty quiet, and was about $150 brand new. I paid $400 for a complete setup with arrows, tab, fletches, bow square, bow stringer, and broadheads.

However, I’ve enjoyed it a lot and just ordered a Stalker Coyote that should be here in a couple months... be warned, the trad bug can bite hard.

Comment

Black Widow for recurves, Toelke for longbows

Comment

Don’t buy a sage , get a real bow from a real bowyer. Northern Mist Classic , if you can find one used that’s even better. Check the website and give Steve a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only bows with real soul are SELFBOWS!!!! Ha ha ha ha shoot what you like and have fun! Arvin

Comment

What do y’all think about the Hoyt satori

Comment

Sage, Ember, Black Hunter

Comment

Working...
                                X