Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luminant Oak Hill Mine

Anyone near Henderson, TX hunt nearby?

Live nearby but didn’t know they allowed hunting? They make some very nice woods during reclamation!

Comment

you draw a tag to hunt there too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sahelian Jeep View Post
        Live nearby but didn’t know they allowed hunting? They make some very nice woods during reclamation!

They don’t that I know of and I heard it hasn’t been hunted in decades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
          you draw a tag to hunt there too?

[emoji23] Would be cool if I did

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
            They don’t that I know of and I heard it hasn’t been hunted in decades

I hunted right in the middle of it on the west side of 322 near the last operating dragline. Hunted it for 5-6 years. It was just a little nook amongst everything else that Luminant didn’t buy. I only ever shot one good buck out there but had very close encounters multiple times. There are some dandies over there. Only reason I got off is because the landowner clear cut it and it was a total
            Disaster. I hunted it one more year after that and the following year it was too grown up to do anything. Sure do miss that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              I hunted right in the middle of it on the west side of 322 near the last operating dragline. Hunted it for 5-6 years. It was just a little nook amongst everything else that Luminant didn’t buy. I only ever shot one good buck out there but had very close encounters multiple times. There are some dandies over there. Only reason I got off is because the landowner clear cut it and it was a total
              Disaster. I hunted it one more year after that and the following year it was too grown up to do anything. Sure do miss that place.

It looks like a place that holds some dandies, very thick timber with all the right things. I’ll be working in and out of there through the summer.

Comment

I go in alot of those mines delivering fuel tanks, i have seen some giants and a ton of hogs

Comment

Sure would be an experience to hunt them

Comment

The employees of the mine get to bow hunt, thats one of them told me. That was at a mine near kosse

Comment

Has the solar farm been built yet?

Comment

Some big deer in and around the mine.

Comment

There are some monsters at the Kosse mine. I am a power plant employee and we get to bowhunt the plant properties, but the mining guys have bigger deer.

There's a 1000 acres of Luminant land that is used as a WMA for the state over in that area also.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                            The employees of the mine get to bow hunt, thats one of them told me. That was at a mine near kosse

I had a 35 year career at Martin Lake mines and at no time was there ever any hunting done legally. Permitting for the mines included them being a wildlife sanctuary. I too saw some absolute monsters during my years there. One weekend a year they would open a few of the stocked reclamation ponds up to employees and their immediate families for fishing. No boats due to liability.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post

Sweet! Maybe I will qualify[emoji851]

Comment

Working...
                              X