No announcement yet.

Broken rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle wreck in 2017. Broken Clavicle and 8 broken Ribs on my left back. Scar Tissue will take over.

Comment

Got head butted by a cow and almost completed a sweet front flip once. Broke at least one for sure. It hurt for a long time,sleeping was uncomfortable. I guess it eventually got better. It doesn't hurt anymore.

Comment

My daughter broke a rib five weeks ago racing a hare scramble. She raced two weeks ago and races again in two weeks. It must be true that women can handle pain better or my kid really is nuts. When seeing her medical records while going into the Navy they asked “what do you do?” She said I race dirt bikes. They asked “are you any good?”

Comment

Broken ribs is the worst. I had to sleep in a recliner for the first 2 weeks.

Comment

Been there it sucks. Just have to wait it out. Hope you find a comfy way to sleep, and don’t overdo it at all.

Comment

I've broken my left ribs once. And right ribs twice. Last time was in Jan or Feb of 2000 while bike riding. Broke two right ribs in a mass bike crash. One rib was broken in two places. They healed up fine in about seven weeks. But lining up the joints in my sternum and vertebrae took the longest to get over the pain. About 6 months. Doc said there wasn't really anything that can be done for them. Wrapping will only cause you to stiffen up. Then you have to break the stiffness up. That was also the first time I ever had a reaction to Poison Ivy. Got it on my helmet, and head/face. After two weeks, I went to see the doc about it and my ribs. X-rays, shot, and 10 day pack of steroids. Road the day after the crash and continued riding the whole time. I had an Ironman race to do in June.

Comment

Broken ribs three different times. Nothing helps but time and letting it heal. I separated 2 ribs from the sternum when I was about 35. I keep hoping that they will finally heal up. I'm only 71, I still have time. They only pop out a couple of times a year, but it's memorable when they do.

Comment

I did figure out that Tylenol works better than Ibuprofen.As far as making the pain bearable.
                  I had four broke ribs,collapsed lung,broke collar bone,and my shoulder was torn..Took me a year to feel better.

Comment

2 broken ribs on the left side one towards the front of my chest and the other in the back which ended up puncturing my lung, drained out to remove all liquids it took all in all about a year to feel back to normal. Just the thought of sneezing, coughing, laughing and laying down in bed were painful for a couple of months until it was just a nuisance pain for the rest of the time

Comment

My brother cracked a couple of my ribs in high school football practice, probably 1970ish. The doctor gave me some kind of canvas brassiere looking thing to wrap around my torso and cinch up as best I could. Fortunately it only hurt when I breathed. I'm sure now 50+ years later there are all kinds of remedies that help more than that antiquated torture device.

Comment

Ribs, just take time..
                        Ain't nothing worse!!!..... except Gout...

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                          Ribs, just take time..
                          Ain't nothing worse!!!..... except Gout...

You ain’t lying. I’ve had both. Neither is fun but gout flare ups are the devil. However if you have to sneeze or cough with broken ribs, it’s right up there with gout. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            I had 4 cracked ribs at one.... The good news is I found out I had colon cancer shortly after breaking the ribs and forgot all about that pain! So at least I had that going for me. [emoji1787]
                            It was bow fishing that saved your life!

Comment

Stop breathing and it will quit hurting. Sorry, that's all I got.

Comment

I’m always on the move so this rib thing might be with me awhile. Monday will be a week, I’ve taken it pretty easy so far.
                                Wednesday the doc is supposed to put a plate in my wrist, to help speed that healing up.
                                I’m already concerned with November, I have a crossbow but would rather use my elite.

Comment

Working...
                                X