How to keep flies away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep flies away

We are having a church picnic at our house and are worried about flies. How is the best way to keep flies away.

Hang clear plastic bags of water from the ceiling. No clue why it works. But it does.

Provided of course you have a ceiling
    Last edited by mikemorvan; 05-13-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Haven't tried it yet. Friend swears that if you keep a bottle of 50/50 Pine-sol water handy and spritz the area it keeps them away.

I'm definitely gonna try it

Comment

I am not sure what brand is best but these fans work great on tables to keep flys away. Restaurants use them for outdoor dining.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
          Hang clear plastic bags of water from the ceiling. No clue why it works. But it does.

Provided of course you have a ceiling
          My parents have been doing this around their porch for over 30 years. The only year they ever had flies was the summer my mom got snake bit, and couldn’t walk around filling the bags. It might look weird, but it sure works.

Comment

I'll try hanging the plastic bags with water from the carport beams since that's where the food is going to be. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              I'll try hanging the plastic bags with water from the carport beams since that's where the food is going to be. Thanks.
              If wind is a concern, you can put those clear rocks or marble type things in them that people use for flower arrangements. Helps keep the bags from blowing around.

Comment

Fly Predators

"Fly Predators are the natural enemy of flies, but never bother people or animals. Without resorting to chemicals, you’ll kill flies before they emerge. That way they never get a chance to bother you or your animals or reproduce by the gazillions."

I used to put these around my kennels and yard.

Comment

Go to feed store and buy a can of quikstrike fly bait, sprinkle it around the area with a few pieces of chips etc around it, it will wipe out fly population in a hurry. Just make sure it’s away from pets and obviously the food the are serving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X