Doe Injury Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doe Injury Question

So this doe showed up on cam couple of days ago (night picture) with what I thought was a fibroma. Yesterday afternoon she shows back up and it looks a lot more like a wound to me than anything else.

I did have a doe and her fawn in this food plot about a week ago. Maybe coyotes got after the fawn and she tried to fight them off? It's pretty high up to be coyotes imo
    Attached Files

I’m going with steel fence post injury

Comment

I agree it’s an injury and not a fibroma. Not a typical spot for a coyote wound. Anything beyond that is a guess. It doesn’t look too bad. She should recover soon.

Comment

Looks scabbed over and healing to me.

Comment

She's good. let her heal...

Comment

I’m going with she will be fine.

Comment

We had a fawn that got attacked by dogs, I think the November before last. At first the wound looked like it might get infected and result in the fawn dying. As of this past deer season, the fawn was still around. It's wound at one point, looked very similar to the side of that doe. That's pretty close to the same area, the dogs got the fawn on our place. I know it was dogs that got the fawn on our place. I had pictures of the fawn and it's mother eating at the feeder. Then pictures of two dogs, running past the feeder, chasing the deer. Then I did not have that fawn on the camera for a few days, then the fawn finally showed back up, it had a obvious wound on it's right side.

That was not the first time I got pictures of dogs chasing deer around my feeder.

Comment

It’ll buff out, they’re tough animals, just needs time.

Comment

Interesting, neighbor does have two Great Pyrenees that cruise through from time to time. Wouldn’t think they would run deer though since they are working dogs that guard his pigs

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                    they are working dogs that guard his pigs
                    That's a new one on me.
                    Must be some high dollar swine right there.

Good luck on the doe, I hope she pulls through.

Comment

Working...
                    X