No announcement yet.

practice practice practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I tried to show chunky how I have improved and shoot bricks all day so still a grasshopper I neal before thee MASTER CHUNKY how stuck one ina half dollar at thirty just for good measure

Comment

Lost a couple of arrows lately in high grass shooting at my 14" Rinehart Block (I'll find them eventually; I never give up), but I decided to change up.

Screwed a bludgeon in my 3555 GT, put a neoprene coozie out at point-on (~60 yards), and proceeded to have the most useful practice I have had in a while.

Shooting point-on eliminates worries about elevation, whether gap or instinctive.

If I miss it is form.

After 2 days, I am scaring the coozie almost every shot, and hitting it pretty often.

Watching that arrow arc into a 3"x5" target at 60 yards is a kick.

Yesterday evening, I did a bit of 15-20 yard shooting. Nailed 'em.

It was ridiculously easy.

At 60, if I creep forward a half-inch from full draw, I land 3 feet short.

If I lose focus, I land a foot right or left.

Good fun.

Joe

Comment

Sounds like a blast I'll try it I was doing some just for fun distance shots and I hung II mud flaps off of my bag target and shot at it from 50 yards with a bludgeon and had a lot of fun the arrows just bounced off the mud flaps

Comment

Looks good on targets.....now real animals can be another challenge.

Doug

Comment

For sure cant wait to kap or kaB

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
              For sure cant wait to kap or kaB
              You don't have to wait to kill a beer... just saying.

Comment

Balloon poppin fools at the lost cow ranch yesterday had a great time chunky as always

Comment

In the goody box! Good shooting.

When you are shooting hot, shoot alot. When you are not, don't!

Comment

Wise words indeed

Comment

Im really looking forward to using the new arrow barrier well maybe not using it but seeing how good it works just in case lol
                      Last edited by little john; 07-14-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

great shooting! I'm still trying to get there

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                          Im really looking forward to using the new arrow barrier well maybe not using it but seeing how good it works just in case lol
                          What's an arrow barrier? Is this another name for a backstop?

Comment

This is a three quarter inch thick 32 feet long and 3 foot high rubber matt that we placed along the back fence to keep the arrows out of the pasture lol arrow barrier is just what I called it when you shoot as bad as I do it gets expensive after a little while lol

Comment

I see you are venturing past the 30 yard mark....

Rubber stall mats are good stuff.

That must have been a lot of work. Those things are not light.

Comment

Practice at the lost cow ranch yesterday was great I got to try out the arrows that I just fletched my first attempt ever they flew great and even more important my wife came out and shot till her arm fell off She had a really good time as always CHUNKY is the master but Ms SANDY showed us a thing or two about hitting golf ball compound style cant wait till next time

Comment

Working...
                                X