Hog got my pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceman89 View Post
    It's not bleeding because the cut isn't that bad at all. Go to a pet supply store and get a skin stapler. Three or four staples and she'll be good as new.
    Just like he said most pet stores don't sell it may have to look at a feed store!!

Comment

I have a lot of Suture at my house if there is a way to get it to you. If you used super glue for now I could mail it to you. I dont know just a idea.

Comment

Originally posted by LeifBarnes View Post
        Wash it out with a water hose a couple times a day for 2-3 minutes. No peroxide or pine tar or anything else. Hydrotherapy only. If you have access you may shoot some penicillin. Let it heal from inside out. Do not close it up.
        This is the way to go. Keep it CLEAN. unless there is a lot of bleeding don't worry about stitches.

Comment

Goodness sure hope it works out for you and the pup....

Comment

Wash it out with a water hose a couple times a day for 2-3 minutes. No peroxide or pine tar or anything else. Hydrotherapy only. If you have access you may shoot some penicillin. Let it heal from inside out. Do not close it up.
            Could not of said it better. I have had many many badly wounded dogs and the explanation above is the ticket.

Rwc

Comment

When you glue it, or staple, leave a small bit open at bottom so it can drain. This will help prevent infection

Comment

DO NOT SUPER GLUE IT. Closing it now will ensure it will get infected and cause an abscess. You can seal a wound with glue if it is a simple cut from clean instrument (like a knife while doing dishes) and contaminated wounds should be irrigated for 5 minutes with tap water. Initial cleaning with mild soap and peroxide is ok but avoid continued use as it kills the new healthy cells as well. Let it close over 10 days, it should do fine

Comment

PM AgVet2004. He will give you good advice.

Comment

Tractor Supply will have everything you need.

Comment

Clean it real good and give her a shot of penicillin. If you use anything to clean it use alchole it works wonders. After you clean it put a few staples in it to hold it together for bout 13-14 days then pull staples out it will heal up just fine. I have doctored many of hog dogs in my life and haven't lost one yet doin it that way

Comment

This and spray with Vetericyn spray. You can get it at most feed stores.

Comment

If you use super glue, make sure you don't fill the wound with it. You want to tack the skin together. If you fill the hole, it will cause problems.

I have a skin stapler I have used on my dog.

Comment

Dang Andy she is such a sweet heart hate to see that.
                            Howd you keep Corla from killing every pig in the county?!?!
                            Good luck Bubba

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                              Dang Andy she is such a sweet heart hate to see that.
                              Howd you keep Corla from killing every pig in the county?!?!
                              Good luck Bubba

Ron
                              I've got the AR ready for her. This is my baby tho.. Her baby is the male, Toby. It's not that bad, and she's done everything right, just looking for some ideas. I know she can fix her

Comment

As said above, don't close it up completely. It will make it worse especially being cut from a hog, a lot bacteria. Don't worry about the bleeding, could just mean it cut more fat than anything else. If the dog was gonna bleed out, it would have done so already. Keep it clean, take out and don't put any more tar, and if u can, get some antibiotics from the feedstore. As long as you're keeping the wound clean and can get some antibiotics, dog should be fine. They can take a hit and keep going.

Comment

Working...
                                X