Hog got my pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog got my pup

Need help.. Good gash on her neck. Wasn't bleeding when I found her. Peroxide in the wound and pine tar to try and hold it together. Can't afford the vet since I've been outta work for 2 weeks. Can anybody around the Livingston area stitch or have the stuff to stitch? Any suggestions?

man that sucks.

bump for you.

Comment

i would at least use some super glu and try and hold it together as much as possible. i've done this before with my dogs.

Comment

talk to the vet, maybe he'll let you pay it out.

Comment

Clean it real well and supper glue it together. Get that pine tar out of the cut it will not help.

Comment

I really wish you where closer to me... I would help you out.. Call this number 972 424 4860 its a place that helps pay for vet bills... also if you have hair clippers shave the area around the wound.. clean it very very good... Get that pine tar off the dog!!! it will hold all kinda of dirt and crap in it.. you can also try care credit if your credit is good.. send me a pm if you need anymore info..

Comment

I've used super glue on myself before and it works the same as skin glue. do you have anything to shave the hair off around the area?

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                i would at least use some super glu and try and hold it together as much as possible. i've done this before with my dogs.
                I gave her half a vicadin to knock her out and I probably will. She's a 150 lbs mastiff baby so she can handle the meds. My only concern is her not bleeding when I found her..

Comment

Wash it out with a water hose a couple times a day for 2-3 minutes. No peroxide or pine tar or anything else. Hydrotherapy only. If you have access you may shoot some penicillin. Let it heal from inside out. Do not close it up.
                  Last edited by LeifBarnes; 07-02-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                    Clean it real well and supper glue it together. Get that pine tar out of the cut it will not help.
                    This^

Comment

Super glue... I've used it on myself and hubby before in a pinch. Clean it well though. I'm not exactly sure how to get the pine tar off now but rubbing alcohol removes adhesive so it may help but it'll STING! And shave around it carefully if you can.

Comment

Hog got my pup

Also try to keep it clean go to a feed store and get some betadine and clean it really good. Check your local feed store they may have the stuff to stitch if you know how to do it
                        Last edited by HoneyBee; 07-02-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Her not bleeding doesn't mean anything at all... You need to get the pine tar out asap!!!! clean the wound very very well... super glue it together asap the longer its open the longer more chance for infenction if you have any old anitbiodics let me know... you can use amoxicillin cephalexin.. pm me for dosage..

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRealtree View Post
                            I gave her half a vicadin to knock her out and I probably will. She's a 150 lbs mastiff baby so she can handle the meds. My only concern is her not bleeding when I found her..
                            It's not bleeding because the cut isn't that bad at all. Go to a pet supply store and get a skin stapler. Three or four staples and she'll be good as new.

Comment

I do have clippers and when she goes to sleep I'll do more doctoring

Comment

Working...
                              X