This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Texas is top 10 in talent in the country based on star ratings. #5 last season. Better than A&M. In case you didn't notice they have a brand new coaching staff full of ones they poached from the almighty SEC.

Since you obviously haven't read the thread...the SEC is top heavy. The middle and lower teams suck which is what makes up the bulk of your schedule. What Heath said is not gonna happen. By FPI peojections for this year OU would be #2 and Texas #5 in the SEC. Aggy #4.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    yep, yep

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Define crushed?

Finish with a .500 SEC conference record and middle of the pack of the division? Is that crushed?
      I think that’s a reasonable expectation.
      In the Auburn, Florida, Texas A&M tier of vying for 5th best in conference.

Literally, every Longhorn fan I know hates the SEC.
      And I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that winning a NC will be a little harder for everybody with this merger.
      It’s weird Texas would do this to it’s fanbase.
      But welcome anyway.
      Gonna be awesome when Auburn comes to Austin.

I wish Auburn had done more recently in hopes of keeping some tradition.
      (Iron bowl and Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry).
      But we’ve been so non-competitive, you can’t really argue for demanding those remain.

It’ll be interesting to see how little Nicky divides this whole enchilada into pods that suit his interests.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        They are gonna at least gain one win per year without having to play TCU
        Correct. Lol.

Gimme the Mississippi schools and Arkansas.

Comment

Where will the baylors and tcu end up i dont feel sorry for them but i do for tech

Comment

Mac Engel, Fort Worth Star-Telegram a UT graduate? Interesting take on the subject I thought.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...fOt?li=BBnbfcL

Mac Engel, Fort Worth Star-Telegram a UT graduate? Interesting take on the subject I thought.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...fOt?li=BBnbfcL

Rwc
                No, he went to TCU and Kansas.

Comment

Gotta love the opinion articles.

Comment

He's a little bitter I'd say...

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Gotta love the opinion articles.
                      Or a writer that calls it how it is.

Comment

I can’t be the only one cracking up at the excitement of these tu fans over joining the SEC. Makes my day every day I open this thread.

Comment

Another interesting view from him. I enjoyed both articles, very well written. Not sure I agree 100% with either,but never the less well written.

Rwc

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. ESPN is being accused of behind the scenes skullduggery. (imagine that!) There's more than a hint of desperation from Bowlsby here from the helm of his sinking ship but that doesnt mean what he's saying could not be true.

Bob Bowlsby, the league’s commissioner, sent a cease-and-desist letter to the TV network on Wednesday that accused the company of taking “certain actions that are intended to not only harm the Big 12 Conference but to result in financial benefit for ESPN.”

Should the Longhorns and Sooners try to exit the Big 12 early, they could owe the conference as much as $80 million a piece in exit fees. If the Big 12’s remaining eight schools stick together, they will no doubt try to collect as much money as possible from their departing rivals. But if those teams leave for other conferences themselves and the Big 12 dissolves, some schools could save a lot of money.

It has been speculated that ESPN could also save considerable cash, upwards of $1 billion, if the Big 12 quickly dissolves and it no longer has to honor its TV contract with the league.
                            Bowlsby later told the Dallas Morning News that ESPN has conspired with at least one other conference and as many as half of the Big 12’s remaining schools about expansion plans that could harm the league.

“There were incentives discussed for that conference to go and take those members,” Bowlsby told the newspaper. “So that’s as clear a tortuous interference with our business as you can possibly have,” Bowlsby also said to the Morning News. “I’m absolutely certain it has occurred. I have every belief that they were similarly involved in the UT and OU move to the SEC.”

TOP ARTICLES
                            Last edited by jerp; 07-29-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              Or a writer that calls it how it is.
                              For sure

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                I can’t be the only one cracking up at the excitement of these tu fans over joining the SEC. Makes my day every day I open this thread.
                                What cracks me up is your goofy posts and the fact that noone responds to you because 80% have you blocked. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The funny thing about all this is Aggy being all mad and trying to block it.

Put me in the meh group. It makes no difference to me. I actually would have preferred the Big 12 add teams but there just wasn't any of value available.

Comment

Working...
                                X