No announcement yet.

Crabbing on the Colorado River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been. Would love to go. But would love to take my grandboys more! Something I've gotta do one day...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I've never been. Would love to go. But would love to take my grandboys more! Something I've gotta do one day...
      It's a good time and the aftermath is better!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        Me too!
        I'm glad you do!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Plenty of spots to fish on the river, and the beach is pretty decent too. We’ve got a cheap VRBO rental house with a little dock and a fishing light. The crabs are crazy thick, and we’ve caught about all the whiting we can stand. Went down to the mouth of the river today, and my son caught a small bonnet head shark.

Matagorda is anything but glamorous, but we sure have a good time every time we come down here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            Matagorda is anything but glamorous, but we sure have a good time every time we come down here.
            Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You need to be in the surf fishing in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
              Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You need to be in the surf fishing in the morning.
              It must be dead calm offshore today because the number of boats racing out this morning has been 5x what was all week.

Comment

Yep. You should be down there in the surf fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  It must be dead calm offshore today because the number of boats racing out this morning has been 5x what was all week.
                  The surf was on fire. We came by you this morning too. Caught 30+ trout and 20-25 reds by 11. Lots of boats were heading offshore but the biggest bunch of them were fishing the surf. You need to be in that surf if you want to catch fish.

Comment

Don’t know if how long you’ll be down there but pm me if you wanna sell a few. They’re good bait and I don’t have a lot of time to go crabbing.

Comment

Working...
                    X