No announcement yet.

Got Shingles any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Doc said it was going to cost almost $300 even with insurance. Just so you know it ain't cheap. You can decide if it's worth it, I'm just putting it out there.

Comment

I got vaccinated for it I’m 2016 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
        I’m on an antiviral, oral steroid and gabbapetin for nerves. I have found Benadryl spray and Calladryl will knock the itch out a bit. I am concerned about the eye as I have a blister that is between my eye and nose.
        Sounds near where mine broke out. It’s gonna leave a beauty mark, or a manly scar.

Comment

Im not a believer in vaccines, so only or a near natural remedy is best...that said i just had shingles... knocked it out with Olive Leaf Extract, Collidial Silver, also uped my Vit D3, and C.. Topically dry it out with hydrogen Peroxide or Rubbing Alcohol... Topical wont fix, but be cured from the inside.

Comment

See a doc for pills. Heat makes it worse. Had it on my head.

Comment

My son and nephew both got it while in college. Son had it around his trunk, wife and I got the shot as soon as they would give it to us.

Comment

Man that sucks, sorry, got my first shot for shingles about a month ago, go back in about 3 or 4 months to get the second shot. Hope you get well soon.

Comment

My Mom just got over them, go to Doctor they have pretty good Meds. now, she took for 10 days helped a lot.

God Bless
                  Bish

Comment

Gladly took the shots last year,
                    2 shingles shots
                    1 flue shot
                    2 COVID-19 shots
                    1 tetanus
                    1 TB test
                    In 2020
                    And it’s time for 2021 vaccine to start soon

Comment

A pain management doctor might be able to give you a shot that will give you a lot of relief from the associated pain. Depends on location

We have treated several people with shingles at work.

IT guy had them on his face and head and we got him a whole bunch of relief by giving him a couple of shots

Comment

Valtrex as others have said. It’s not fun at all
                        Good luck with a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

GAF. Supposed to be the best shingles out there

Sorry, Gotta be a smart @$$ out there somewhere!
                          Last edited by locolobo; 07-24-2021, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I'm more concerned about shingles than china virus. I'm getting the vaccine

Comment

I have them now been 2 weeks

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
                              Found out Wednesday I have the Shingles. Anyone that has had them have any advice or home remedies? I've had about 6 hours of sleep total in the last 4 days. The rash is on most of the left side of my head/scalp and some on my face. So far it feels like I have a headache constantly that changes in intensity, an ear infection and a dry itchy eye. There is a lot of tingling/burning sensation with the occasional stabbing feeling in some areas.

If you are old enough to get the preventative vaccine I would highly recommend it after dealing with this.
                              I felt insect biting sensation on Saturday morning two weeks ago in 1 spot on my right torso, in the evening I had about 8 blisters. On Sunday they were larger and had a second spot starting on my spine. Monday evening after mowing the 1st set of blisters were rather large so I poked them and sprayed peroxide. The fizzing was instant. On Wednesday evening I noticed more rashes starting. I kept cleaning and spraying peroxide. Googled it and figured it was shingles. Thursday I saw the doc and he prescribed prednisone and a antibiotic. By Friday the rash with the peroxide treatment was beginning to dry out and blisters were minimal. All the other symptoms and sensation were there. Doc also gave me pain pills an I took one Friday nite and insomnia set in. Didn’t take anymore as the pain and discomfort was tolerable. Maybe the peroxide helped. The doctor didn’t say anything when I shared my home remedy. Today 2 weeks later all are dried out but the tingle and sharp pains come and go a few times a day. Take it easy. Good luck.

Comment

Handfuls of gabapentin then when it clears up the Shingrix vaccine. I swear I thought I was gonna die. Worst pain and misery I've had in my 58 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X