No announcement yet.

Austin Best Place to Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoL all the city's on this list have something in common they are all Tech job cities loaded with Transplants . I was back home this last weekend about 80 Miles west of Huntsville Al.
    and transplant were buying up all the houses and land.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      Don't think Arlington is on that list, unless I missed it...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
      I believe that was his point.

Austin used to be a great place to live. You have always had to deal with the liberals and morons running the local government etc., but it has gotten much worse (downtown). I go into Austin about 5 times a year, but other than moving to the ranch in Llano I wouldn't move anywhere else (in Texas).

Comment

They wrap the area up in those lists. Greater Austin. I cant really disagree with it either. Live music- small communities- great views- better recreation lakes than most of the state. Highland Lakes are cool, clear, waters. Georgetown, Kyle, Dripping Springs, Leander areas are all good and Austin area has higher paying job opportunities than most. Old Austin is now a cestpool though

Comment

I live in Cedar Park which is like a different country than Austin and it's just a few miles away. Honestly, I grew up in Fulshear and lived in Houston for 12 years after college. Went to Austin kicking and screaming and today I could never go back to Houston.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            I believe that was his point.

Austin used to be a great place to live. You have always had to deal with the liberals and morons running the local government etc., but it has gotten much worse (downtown). I go into Austin about 5 times a year, but other than moving to the ranch in Llano I wouldn't move anywhere else (in Texas).
            Where is your place in Llano?

Comment

Austin is not even great place to visit. I was forced to stay there when our girls won state this spring. I hadn't been there since 2009. What a craphole. Sixth street after dark looked like the MJ "Thriller" music video with walking zombies/homeless.

Comment

I am ready to move out. I'm about 35 miles NW of Austin, but barely still in Travis counrty. It sux.

I am looking to sell next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                  Austin is not even great place to visit. I was forced to stay there when our girls won state this spring. I hadn't been there since 2009. What a craphole. Sixth street after dark looked like the MJ "Thriller" music video with walking zombies/homeless.
                  Have you been to downtown Dallas or Houston?

All major cities suck. The area surrounding Austin is way better than anything DFW or Houston can offer.....or NY, Chicago....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn’t want to live in any big city, but if I had to it would be Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Have you been to downtown Dallas or Houston?

All major cities suck. The area surrounding Austin is way better than anything DFW or Houston can offer.....or NY, Chicago....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Ok, agreed, Austin is the best of the crap holes.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                        ok, agreed, austin is the best of the crap holes.
                        lol!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          lol!
                          Beats oklahoma,huh? Lol

Comment

Everybody has there own experiences there. My experiences were not good on multiple trips. It was never the final destination...but everything else. If i had those instances on 4 seperate visits..imagine if i lived there!? At least i do. To each their own.

Comment

Burnt- downtown areas of Houston and Dallas are better than Austin now. New Orleans downtown district is better than Austin. Austin has been destroyed both in safety and beauty by all of the feral citizens that the city government is supporting. Sure all cities seem to have a handful of tents etc set up. Last count I got about the big camp at Congress/ Cesar Chavez- 287 tents. That is 287 tents in the greenbelt next to where tourists come to look at the bat colony. Its bad- But I agree- the outlying areas of Austin (Greater Austin) area is still best area of Texas for multiple reasons

Comment

Once upon a time before that idiot steven Adler,and his cronies appeared,I lived there since 75,hauled my *** to burnet county a couple of years ago and cringe when I have to go back.Lets see,us news is not a credible source like most of the media it's gone to hell just like travis county! God help us please.

Comment

Working...
                                X