X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith View Post
    One mpg? More like 10 mpg.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    V8 near 400 hp. Show me on that gets 25-26 mpg.

Comment

put that turbo v6 in a long wheel base tacoma TRD and lets talk...

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
        Yeah, but your ecoboost is DONE once you get close to 200K miles.
        That’s about 4-4.5 years of driving for me, and then I get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
          And the gas mileage is crap once you put anything behind it. Mine got about 9 miles a gallon with an empty 16' trailer.
          Which is about 2mpg better than my Tundra’s got pulling the same loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Me either.... add in being a guinea pig for their new motors and I'm glad I got in when I did. It'll probably grow on me eventually though.
            What year is your Tundra? Any noticeable difference in quality and reliability compared to American-made product?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
              That’s about 4-4.5 years of driving for me, and then I get another one.
              Different strokes for different folks. My '02 just about to hit 180,000 miles and will be my son's ride. Truck is got ton's of life left. My 2017 TRD show's 18MPG combined so far just staying on the pavement driving back and forth to my folks house. That's a whole lot better then I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Love my interior!
                What's wrong with it?
                The simple fact, that after a quarter million miles of washboard rds, offroad, caliche roads, etc..the interior is tight as dicks hat band, has me sold.
                We have a Ford 350, 250, Ecoboost 1/2 ton, and a 2020 Chevy 1500, they all rattle and squeak, but not the Tundra.
                I also use a truck as a truck, and can do without a sunroof, moonroof, azz massager, and all the other cheap plastic crap they put in trucks nowadays.
                I'm sure a Cadillac interior is nice if it's just a pavement princess, but that ain't me .
                I agree, I've watched other trucks interiors fall apart, so not sure what you're talking about. My dad has a 2012, and the interior is like brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Not true. There are plenty of high mileage videos on YouTube.

You may have to maintain it a little higher but it will last if not abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Well, I'm sure that's true to some degree. There's a spectrum with everything. To me it comes down to common sense. What's going to last longer, a smaller engine that's working harder, or a bigger engine that doesn't have the same stress during it's life.

Comment

Toyota is simply catering to the majority of half ton owners who don't care as much about longevity, only mpg and how many whiz bang options are available before they trade it in after a couple of years. I think it would have been smart to keep the 5.7 as an option, but that doesn't work into Toyota's model of using parts across as many platforms as possible. Unlike the big 3, Toyota has something besides trucks that people actually buy. Keeping the 5.7 in one model isn't worth the return. I'm sure even without the V8 they'll continue to meet sales targets. Good to see an update even if it is as ugly as every other truck now.
                    Last edited by jdg13; 06-25-2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                      Different strokes for different folks. My '02 just about to hit 180,000 miles and will be my son's ride. Truck is got ton's of life left. My 2017 TRD show's 18MPG combined so far just staying on the pavement driving back and forth to my folks house. That's a whole lot better then I expected.
                      Neither of my 5.7 4x4’s got anywhere close to that and I’m all highway driving. 15-15.5 mpg was the best they ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        Neither of my 5.7 4x4’s got anywhere close to that and I’m all highway driving. 15-15.5 mpg was the best they ever did.
                        Were they crewcab, lifted, off-road tires? and did you have a bed cover? Mines just the supercab, or whatever they call it, and I have a hardcover on the bed(which I've heard is supposed to help gas mileage). Just has stock Michelins on it. No lift. IDK. Happy so far.

Comment

09’ was the double cab with a hard cover, it did get a little better mileage than my ‘19 crew did. The 09 was the 15.5 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Looks just like a Chevy
                            They are close. This one was at work yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                              Maybe it will come with extra catalytic converters.
                              Maybe they will come like this from the factory..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat Sheild.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	24654362

Comment

Hard Pass. Toyota has fallen way behind. Even Dodge has/is now commanding 3rd place.

With work, I've gotten to drive them all regularly for over 10 years now. I'd never spend my own $ on today's Toyota. AND I proudly owned 3 in row from 1990-2002. That's back when they tried to build the best truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X