Barking dog deterrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
    I’ll play devils advocate. Most people sleep at night and most work during the day. Noise ordinance generally applies after say 10PM. If your neighbor works during the day and leaves his dog outside, not much you can do legally. It’s his right for his animal to be outside on his property. I’ve worked nights and 24 hour shifts most of my life, so
    I certainly sympathize. However, screaming at the dog and aggressively confronting the owner does nothing but put you in the wrong.
    Yeah, it sounds like this is where you are, except personally, I would not hesitate to stay on the worthless owner's arse every time I was disturbed by the worthless dog! It sucks that people don't care if their dogs bark and create an extreme nuisance to their neighbors, but...there are some sorry people in the world. It is amazing that they don't care if they are disrupting their neighbor's sleep. We love our dog, but I would NOT keep her if she was a (constant) barker.

Good luck with your quest for peace.

Comment

Preciate all. And making no excuses. We both stated where we were at in the situation. And yes I do think it’s sorry that a man suggest a shock collar and then refuses. A shock collar only takes a couple of times to work them you can turn it off. Is what it is. You can’t tell me no one else isn’t bothered by a dogs incessant barking and took an old geezer to say something.

Comment

Not that it matters but what is the dog barking at?? Anything in particular or does he just bark??

Comment

Park an RV in front of his house playing a recording "if you can hear this evacuate now".

Comment

The bark boxes work ok, but if the dog barks too much it wears the batteries out quickly. Best bet is to get video/audio evidence built up and go file a complaint. The has to be a city ordinance in your town. I’d call and file complaints with code enforcement, police, animal control and whomever else will listen. Keep record of all contact and see where it goes. I was about 1/2 way through that process when we moved.

Comment

Get a fertilizer spreader full of red pepper, and keep it spread out near your house where they are likely to be, they will soon learn to stay away from the pepper zone

Comment

No help with the dog, but worked nights for years and wife still does. Between people mowing lawns, UPS trucks, trash trucks, kids playing, whatever.... we learned to put a fan in the bedroom and crank it up to drown out all the noises. Works great for us.

Comment

He barks a lot at delivery people, strangers, etc. and sometimes barks for 10-15 minutes. It’s not the dogs fault. Owner says he can’t or won’t do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    He barks a lot at delivery people, strangers, etc. and sometimes barks for 10-15 minutes. It’s not the dogs fault. Owner says he can’t or won’t do anything about it.
                    Most people won’t until they start getting fined. It’s unfortunate but it sounds like the quickest way to get a response is hit the in the pocketbook.

Comment

Comment

Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Most of the time when dogs bark all day it's just because the flies are driving him nuts. Golden maldrin will fix that.
                          LOL

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bunch of slackers. Made me lose a bet. Just reading title I had post #4 being a bullet and it took until post #9

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              How many deliveries and strangers you have lurking around? Lol

Comment

He doesn’t shop. So they received multiple deliveries all through November and December and prior to that you have the same people in a neighborhood everyone else has. Sux to be back in a subdivision after leaving 35 acres in the Wet Mountains.

Comment

Working...
                                X