Barking dog deterrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    This thing sucks and a waist on money. Neighbor has 5 dogs that weigh a grand total of 30lb combined. I have it hanging in a tree 15 feet from the fence turned all the way up. It doesn't stop them or shut them up. I sit outside all day long pushing the remote control trying to get them to stop. This has been going on 2 months now and no help. I know its working because I can hear it from time to time myself.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was typing on the go. Lasted 30 minutes. Basically he asked me what I wanted him to do, “put the dog down”? Me “ no I like the dog. My wife works all night and needs her sleep during the day”. “ Him “ do you want me to put a shock collar on him”? Me “yes”. “Not gonna do that”. “ What do you want me to do? Call the police”? Go ahead! I know all of em and they are not gonna do anything”!
      On and on. I kept trying to refocus him on my wife needs to sleep and The dogs right to bark doesn’t supersede a persons right to peace and quiet. After that is when it all broke down for a while , I told him to get the hail off my property so he went and pontificated on my side walk till I walked out there and he began to back up.
      He told me “ I’ve learned three things about you. Your wound tight, you’re very aggressive...”. And I can’t remember the last one. We bantered back and forth and that was it. So I’m gonna buy the one that Pillar recommended. If that doesn’t work I’m gonna get the police involved.
      Folks, if your a Christian, don’t give the Devil the victory. Don’t let folks goad you into anything. What pizzed me off is I’m 65 having to got outside and deal with this bone head when three other houses are around him. Go figure. Where is Jer James when I need him?

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
        39 minutes is hilarious.

I like the air horn idea.

Air horns work well. My neighbor has two little yapping arse dogs. If they bark at all now, I can just pick up the canister and they shut up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of the time when dogs bark all day it's just because the flies are driving him nuts. Golden maldrin will fix that.

Comment

Yes will it shut dog away from 100 feet

Comment

Originally posted by garguy View Post
              most of the time when dogs bark all day it's just because the flies are driving him nuts. Golden maldrin will fix that.
              🤔😲🤐

Comment

I bought some LOUD firecrackers, they stop real quick. But, I would like one of the anti bark devices if they work.

Comment

I have a dog like your neighbors. He is blood hound/catahoula cross and very loud. He ****** me off and I can only imagine what my neighbors think. I use a bark collar, it vibrates when he barks. He hates the collar but it does its job, he stays pretty quiet. He will still bark some but he has to be pretty wound up to do it.
                  It might be worth suggesting this type of collar if you and neighbor can have a productive conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

I kid. I kid.

Hah! That’s just what I was thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      Hah! That’s just what I was thinking!

Great minds think alike![emoji4]

Comment

I’ll play devils advocate. Most people sleep at night and most work during the day. Noise ordinance generally applies after say 10PM. If your neighbor works during the day and leaves his dog outside, not much you can do legally. It’s his right for his animal to be outside on his property. I’ve worked nights and 24 hour shifts most of my life, so
                        I certainly sympathize. However, screaming at the dog and aggressively confronting the owner does nothing but put you in the wrong.

I’d try ear plugs and a fan for your wife.

Comment

Brushtrooper, he asked me if I’d like him to do that and I said yes. Then he said he wouldn’t do it. Go figure. It’ll work out. Like I said I’m gonna look into these items that were suggested to me, not the .22 lol, and purchase one of those.

Comment

Spray foam in walls of bedroom will really cut the noise level.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Spray foam in walls of bedroom will really cut the noise level.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              ez fix...

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                                Brushtrooper, he asked me if I’d like him to do that and I said yes. Then he said he wouldn’t do it. Go figure. It’ll work out. Like I said I’m gonna look into these items that were suggested to me, not the .22 lol, and purchase one of those.
                                I thought he might might be open to it since it is not a electrical shock collar. I think Pilar is the one that referred me to this collar, someone on the GS did. This one has the option to go electric or vibration. I would like to hear if the other works out.
                                Hope it works out

Comment

Working...
                                X