No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a few I've found on our lease in Laredo. I don't know anything about them other than there cool to find. [ATTACH]518062
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by diego111993 View Post
      Its about the size of my palm and I you can make out the eyes, nose, and fangs.

Its pretty much like this

Here is what they have to say about it... They would know more than me. Some are professional archs. and professors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
        Here's a few I've found on our lease in Laredo. I don't know anything about them other than there cool to find. [ATTACH]518062
        The triangles are tortugas and the other diamond shaped ones are desmukes (hard to tell from the picture but if rounded/teardrop shaped they are probably catans).

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Yes, I think it could be as well as a number of other Archaic knife types. Now for the overshot, Im not sure it wasn't origionally overshot and the resharpening eliminated a lot of that, The face of the blade is pretty flat. Just hard to say without a base or context.
          thanks for the info guys.. i just wish it was all there to be for sure...one of my better finds bc i found it on are ranch and is was my second find at are ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
            The triangles are tortugas and the other diamond shaped ones are desmukes (hard to tell from the picture but if rounded/teardrop shaped they are probably catans).

Comment

What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post

What is it?
                An arrowhead on a quarter

Comment

looks to be a reworked Marcos

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                    Do you think it could be a Refugio knife? It appears to have some parallel flaking on one site and random flaking on the other... Without seeing it in person I am just guessing the parallel was just accidental. Also don't see any real overshot flakes (which occur on a lot of large thin paleo blades).
                    also i found this 45min east of Midland isnt Refugio knifes more south tx area

Comment

ttt

Comment

what would you make of this

Comment

Any idea on this...Found close to lake ivie by the colorado river

Comment

and its very thin

Comment

A few of my dads points tell me what ya think

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X