• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran 3 different tire brands on my last truck

Bridgestone Dueler AT's
    BFG AT's
    Nitto Terra Grapplers

Each set went about 50K, all got pretty noisy in latter part of tread life. Frequent rotation is a must with any of them. Probably could have gotten a bit more miles out of them, but I was driving too much to worry about being on the side of the road.

BFG's had the best off-road performance, but worst on-road performance; especially in wet conditions.

You should be good with any of the name brands at the higher price points.

Comment

Has anyone run Falken wildpeak A/T3W?

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
        Has anyone run Falken wildpeak A/T3W?
        I have heard nothing but great things, and intend to try them next go round.

Comment

I just put some Ridge Grapplers on my truck. They've only got about 1,000 miles on them. I like them alot so far. They're quiet, ride really good for a tire that aggressive, and they don't walk all over the road like the old Trail Grapplers.

Comment

Toyo RT, Dad and I both run them on our duallys. Ride very smooth and seem to be wearing good.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
              Just curious. What does the load range F mean. For heavier trucks??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              It is 12 ply in the tread and 8 ply sidewall, I believe. It is a stronger, sturdier tire. I have driven over cactus, cedar stumps, sharp jagged rocks, etc and never had even a cut in the tire. Like I said earlier, I will never have another brand or type of tire than the Toyo Open Country M/T on any truck that I own.

Comment

Im running terra grappler g2's on my 3/4 ton and on my daughters jeep. They have performed well on both. Ive had no problems in mud and they are quiet on the road. Have at least 25000 miles on the jeep with little wear. I put them on the 3/4 ton about 7500 miles ago. I will be getting them again when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                  I have heard nothing but great things, and intend to try them next go round.
                  That's what is going on my 2500 Cummins when these onion skins wear out.

Comment

I have the Ridge Grapplers on my truck, I have 47,000 miles on them and they have a good amount of life left. If you’re just driving on the highway or city they’re great. But if you’re like me where you drive lease roads or around the ranch they aren’t, I have some chunks missing in the tread from the rough lease roads I drive down. And pulling a trailer around the ranch one weekend I got a thorn to close to the sidewalk and had to replace a tire with 8,000 miles on it.

I personally will be going back to Coopers after this set is done, probably the STT Pros for the more aggressive tires. Had the STT Maxx’s On before and they have 64,*** miles on them when I swapped tires and never had any flats or problems running all over the ranch and on lease roads in STX

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                      TOYO Open Country M/T. You can get them in load range F. Have them on my truck and will never go to another tire on any of our vehicles.
                      X2

Comment

I’m about 20k into a set of BFG all terrains on my duramax. So far so good. Looks like at least 80% left. I’m happy to get 50k out of any tire.

Comment

I just got Ridge Grapplers on my truck a couple months ago and so far I love them. Kinda best of both worlds, in between mud and all terrain

Comment

Cooper stt pros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you are looking to get a lot of miles go toyo at2. Other than that and out of your 2 choices, ridge grapplers. Easy choice.

Comment

Toyo open country for me. Best tire I've ever had
                                Last edited by bownut; 10-12-2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X