No announcement yet.

Barndo Self Contracting DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a really good floor plan. Do you have a front elevation drawing? I may have to copy this floor plan a little.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      Looks like a really good floor plan. Do you have a front elevation drawing? I may have to copy this floor plan a little.
      Here are my elevations. A few changes have been made.

1) rock wainscot around the entire structure
      2) all 2x5 windows changed to 3x5
      3) two windows in the kitchen turned into a single double window.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Really nice floor plan, well done!

Comment

IN for the build....congrats on the journey.

Comment

Forms were set last weekend. Went and checked them early this week to find they were three feet off. Meeting with concrete sub on Thursday to get it all straightened out.

Comment

Here are our foundation drawings. Lots of cables!Foundation Final.pdf

Comment

Digging that!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Mind me asking what the build is going to cost? I’m trying to start planning for my barndo 5 yrs from now

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                    Mind me asking what the build is going to cost? I’m trying to start planning for my barndo 5 yrs from now
                    To have someone general it, $230000.

To general it myself and sub out all the work, $195000.

To general it myself and do some of the work, we shall see.

Comment

Well we just hit a pretty big bump. Wont take much to fix it but there will be some unhappy contractors. Engineering firm drew in a sheet ledge (1.5" around the exterior) instead of a brick ledge (6" around exterior). Concrete forms were put up but no beams had been dug. Going to try and get it all sorted out tomorrow.

Comment

Woooo! Been quite the headache already but we have a slab!!!

Comment

GREAT DAY when they pour the slab. Congrats!

Comment

Metal building delivered yesterday and rock was ordered today!

Comment

Just curious since barndos have a lot more slab than a lot of normal residences. did the concrete contractor take any cylinder breaks to show you how strong the concrete is at 28 days? Did you see the mix design? Your GC buddy should be looking out for stuff like this. Would be good ammo to have if you have a warranty issue or claim (you may not have a warranty) and something goes wrong on the slab, shrinkage cracks and spalling etc...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                                Just curious since barndos have a lot more slab than a lot of normal residences. did the concrete contractor take any cylinder breaks to show you how strong the concrete is at 28 days? Did you see the mix design? Your GC buddy should be looking out for stuff like this. Would be good ammo to have if you have a warranty issue or claim (you may not have a warranty) and something goes wrong on the slab, shrinkage cracks and spalling etc...

I did have samples pulled by an independent contractor. Made break at 7 days. Ordered 3000 psi concrete and the day 21 break averaged around 4300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X