Ol' Herschel Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ol' Herschel Walker

Greatness on the field and now he is showing greatness off the field.
    His willingness to speak out also reminds me of the good ol' days of the NFL.

Herschel Walker claims China is helping fund BLM which then donates to Democrats

Former NFL Player Herschel Walker on Monday claimed that money from China is supposedly funding the Black Lives Matter organization and that money is then donated to the Democratic Party.

We will hear more about HW in the future. Great man.

Comment

He’s a super nice guy, too. I met him in a SW Ft Worth neighborhood years ago. He was jogging and I was unloading some stuff from my truck in the street. He saw me do a double take when I saw him, and interrupted his jog to come across the street, shake my hand, and talk for a few moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He seems like a good dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He always seemed like a class act. Hated to see him get traded from Dallas.
          I still remember the picture on a sports magazine....Would you want to tackle this guy?

Comment

Yep him and Earl were from a different Era... when football was football. When men hit each other and they were tough... Before all this racist crap started, I'd given up on pro football... Got the game so watered down it's not even the same game any longer... When I was playing, the greatest feeling in the world for me was to stick my helmet/faceguard right in the armpit of an opposing QB while he was attempting to throw a pass and knock him on his ***. Now it just don't get no better'n that! You do that today in a game, and they'll throw you out the game...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Yep him and Earl were from a different Era... when football was football. When men hit each other and they were tough... Before all this racist crap started, I'd given up on pro football... Got the game so watered down it's not even the same game any longer... When I was playing, the greatest feeling in the world for me was to stick my helmet/faceguard right in the armpit of an opposing QB while he was attempting to throw a pass and knock him on his ***. Now it just don't get no better'n that! You do that today in a game, and they'll throw you out the game...
              As a lineman, my favorite weapon was the head slap.

I don't know if Herschel still rides bikes or not, but he used to hire a buddy of mine to drive his motorhome chase vehicle. He is a really good guy.

Comment

I’ve always heard nothing but positive things about Hershell Walker. He seems like a class act. He did a bit of mma also which is pretty cool.

IIRC, Bob Lily was bad *** at the head slap. Football was much better back then.

Comment

That head slap when they started using the helmets that pump up like a basket ball really became a bell ringer, especially if you wore a ring. Take a chin strap buckle to the helmet with one of those things on, and you'd hear bells ringing for days!! Sure were better helmets than the old Riddell suspension helmets tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                    I’ve always heard nothing but positive things about Hershell Walker. He seems like a class act. He did a bit of mma also which is pretty cool.

IIRC, Bob Lily was bad *** at the head slap. Football was much better back then.
                    Bob Lilly was the reason I wore the number 74.
                    Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    That head slap when they started using the helmets that pump up like a basket ball really became a bell ringer, especially if you wore a ring. Take a chin strap buckle to the helmet with one of those things on, and you'd hear bells ringing for days!! Sure were better helmets than the old Riddell suspension helmets tho.
                    That durn head slap broke many finger though. You catch the edge of the face mask just right and...… SNAP!

Comment

Working...
                    X