Pope & Young rat down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pope & Young rat down

This sucker built a nest in my popup blind Friday night. I destroyed the nest and put out 4 big chunks of rat killer in each corner of the popup. I get back in the blind Saturday morning and he's built another nest and took all of the rat blocks and stacked them up in one corner. Once again, I destroyed the nest. About an hour later, I hear something moving outside of the blind. Look out and see this guy. Nocked an old arrow and broadhead and harpooned him. Suckers body was as big as a squirrel.
    Attached Files

Looks like he's still moving..... shoot him again !!!!

Comment

Did ya eat it?

Comment

Nope, did not eat it, but aren't squirrels and rats in the same family? I quit eating squirrels when I heard that.

Comment

No passthru? Man, what poundage are you shooting?

Comment

Actually, I was shooting straight down at him from one of the lower shooting windows and skewered him straight into the ground. But I did take off the arrow that was nocked waiting on a deer because it was tipped with a Rage and I knew it would mess up shooting through the netting!

Comment

What is a Rat shoulder mount going for these days!

Comment

I have 1 pit blind on my lease that the pack rats have invaded. They built a huge nest under my chair. I dumped it all but did not see the rats. The next time I came out the nest was back. I decided - OK, If you dont get in my way, we can live together. We did that for over a year until the rats decided they could chew the crap out of my chair! It is all out war against them now. I kill them and more just move in. I am really getting ****** at them. Here is the last one I killed. You should have seen me chasing him around inside the pit blind!

Bisch

Comment

Nice shot

Comment

Ok so I dont fear snakes or big foots but, If that thing would have been in blind with me I would have had to pressure wash that stand afterwards....cause you just cant get the smell of pee and $%&* out a blind with out proper cleaning. Not to mention it would have had alot more holes in the blind than before.....Just saying. KAR/M<<<<anything that looks like it might be.

Comment

maybe the backstrap would be a tasty little treat.

Comment

I hate rats!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          I have 1 pit blind on my lease that the pack rats have invaded. They built a huge nest under my chair. I dumped it all but did not see the rats. The next time I came out the nest was back. I decided - OK, If you dont get in my way, we can live together. We did that for over a year until the rats decided they could chew the crap out of my chair! It is all out war against them now. I kill them and more just move in. I am really getting ****** at them. Here is the last one I killed. You should have seen me chasing him around inside the pit blind!

Bisch
                          I can't believe you took that picture and it wasn't on the "log" with your smiling face behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                            No passthru? Man, what poundage are you shooting?
                            Musta been a matthews........ lol

Nice shot

Comment

I've got about 6-8 huge Booner's that come under my feeder in the evenings.
                              I may fling a few arrows and see if I get in the P&Y books!
                              If not, the 17hmr is gonna do some work!

Comment

Working...
                              X