Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you upload to photobucket?

Comment

I have trouble a lot posting pictures but i've found that if I email my picture to myself and then save it from the email it will usually post. I have a mac computer so my photos are on iPhoto. I go to iPhoto and have the picture sent to my email. Then I save the image from my email to download folder. Go to advance and manage attachments. Choose the file from the download folder. Sometime my phone will post pictures, but most times it won't. But I think the problem is definitely the size of picture so anyways you can get the photo to a standard size should work for posting.

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      I NEED HELP! For whatever reason I can post trail camera pics no problem but when I try to upload pics from regular camera they dont upload for posting. Planning to buy new camera to see if it makes difference.

Will humbly appreciate any advise cause I am happy to make photo rich.

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

Hmmmm! I download pics from camera to a 'pictures file' in computer same as I do trail cam pics. Just those from regular camera dont upload. I'll try pic from phone just to see but would rather use camera.

Dont have photo bucket...or know how to use it...or what it is?

Do ya'll think it is my computer? Or file size of photos? Or?

Comment

Here's a pic from phone. That works??? My neighbor with a 183" 7 yr old.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the information on the fence, I will now do the 4 strand instead of the 6 strand when fencing from now on.

Comment

Good thread! I'm in!

Comment

Im in for this one!

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I grew up hunting West Feliciana Parish for the first 19 years of my life.

Really liking what you and your neighbor are doing. Keep up the good work and congrats on all of the success you have had.

Comment

We are in full spring green up here in La. so tomorrow we are filling all the feeders with protein containing wormer. Specifically we add 115 lbs of .6% Fenbendazole per ton of feed. It tends to be very wet in La. so we add wormer to the feed twice a year, at green up and early Sept. to rid deer of internal parasites.

Some have expressed concern that adding wormer may weaken a deer's immune system. The way I see it the deer can have loads of parasites they are not shedding which compromises their health so apparently they may need help. External parasites can be a big problem as well. I have seen deer in pens die from ticks. I'm sure many of you have seen your dog sick or even go in to shock from excess tick infestation. SO we do every thing we can to help the deer shed the parasitic load. And best I can tell our deer are living as long as a deer can.It's just another small detail that all adds up to results.

We feed protein from mid January thru August and it is readily consumed even with all the crops we grow. I've had biologist tell me we didnt need to feed protein pellets since we can grow crops year round and maybe they are right. But I see it as an insurance policy to keep nutrition in the 100% and also as a way to medicate if necessary. What I know is that they eat a lot of protein even with the feeders next to lush crops.

Now for an opinion...The Holy Grail for feeding protein is to ensure that every deer can eat all it wants every day regardless of it position in the hierarchy or location on the farm. That equates to feeder density! I have seen in Mexico a tight correlation of quality improvement to feeder density. On the farm here I have a feeder for every 67.5 acres and they all get used even though I have a modest population.

Opinion #2 is that I believe which brand of protein used is immaterial. Also think it's not that important whether it is 16% or 20% or anything in between. All the brands are good. The key is the protein/fiber/fat ratio, a 'normal' vitamin dose like they all have, and now we are including probiotics and digestives which most have. THe other key is to buy a feed from a reputable supplier and ensure consistent quality. Years back this was a problem even for the major suppliers. Today I suspect most major providers supply consistent quality. I've been feeding protein { 300-400 tons/yr } for 20 plus years and have never bought a brand name feed. Here at the farm we have the local mill make our feed per our formula on an as needed basis.

Comment

Do you have one protein feeder per location?

300-400 tons/yr!

Comment

Yep, with Mexico on run rate of ~ 20 tons/ month now. It's an adult dose.

Just 1 feeder per location here but as you can see density very high.
                          In Mexico we have 1 feeder per pen but also a cottonseed feeder in each pen plus many of the feed pens also have a water trough in them. Again idea among other things is to let everybody get a chance.

One of the things I think is great about food plots is it allows equal grazing for all animals. Easy to do in La. Much longer book on things I've tried in Mexico to grow crops.

Comment

Mowed fields planted in elbon rye, Austrian winter peas and crimson clover today. Will plant in couple weeks with summer crops. Elbon rye was 6-8 ft tall
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a 4 acre field under a high line that was planted in crimson and radishes last fall. The deer ate all the radishes! The fall planting was to prepare the field to plant a combo of joint vetch and Alyce clover. I will drill it directly into the clover early May.
                              Attached Files

Comment

that is badazz man, all of it

Comment

Working...
                                X