• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned my 4 year old constant problem DEERE into a Kubota. Problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      Yanmar builds the drivetrains for the compact utilitiy JDs
      This was a turn off to me when JD went to this business model. This along with plastic fenders etc when I was looking soured me on using their name disguising the yanmar. There may be others doing the same thing that I am not aware of at this time.

Comment

Cost is major issue, what ya wana pay??

Comment

Mahindra 4025 4x4 here. She's just over 5 years old and I'd buy anoter in a heart beat. I run a 6105e jd, a td105 New Holland and a 50hp new Holland quite often also and I prefer my Mahindra.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            This was a turn off to me when JD went to this business model. This along with plastic fenders etc when I was looking soured me on using their name disguising the yanmar. There may be others doing the same thing that I am not aware of at this time.
            From what I understand it’s cost prohibitive for manufacturers to build small utility tractor power trains in house when some other companies have it down pat. Yanmar is one of those companies that has it down, IMO.

I’m not sure about Red, Orange, Blue but Green outsources theirs.

No one tends to complain that small zero turns all have Kawasaki motors it seems!

Comment

This guy has a very informative You Tube channel about tractors and tractor operating. I bought mu Kubota L3901 3 years ago and his channel has been very helpful. The link below is about which compact tractor he thinks is the best. Hope it helps.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7TpfYvKXo"]Tractor Mike Q & A - What's the Best Tractor Brand? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

We sit right smack in the middle of a dealer of each JD, Mahindra and Kubota. When we purchased our Kubota L3800 in 2014, I shopped all 3 and went with the kubota based on price at sale, quality of service after the sale and references of reliability from friends with like models. Like anything there will be some that have bad eggs. We graduated from a 1952 8N to the L3800 and we’ve been happy ever since. Good luck in your decision and have fun while working with whatever you go with!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a 50hp no frills Mahindra, only complaint is the transmission is not synchronized. For a working/pulling tractor it's fine. For anything else it sux. But the Idians got I right with the engine/no def.

Comment

Mahindra 4025 4x4 all steel construction(no plastic fenders or hood) with an International designed 4cyl diesel engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                      New or used. John Deere does have parts and service but it is VERY expensive if not under warranty. I am going to be a bit abrasive in this farm community, BUT I have a good friend that is now selling Yanmar. A group I knew nothing about, but seems to be gaining ground and steam in the market. Just from what I have seen, they are competitively priced and do well on service themselves.
                      Guess the point I am making is this. Sure Either tractor you asked about will get the job done and with enough pennies can be worthwhile. There are other options, and you owe it to yourself to find out about them.

My John Deere is a Yanmar . Great little tractor.

I’d go with the one that offers you the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post

My John Deere is a Yanmar . Great little tractor.

I’d go with the one that offers you the best deal.
                        Basically exactly what I did. Found a good deal on a JD that was used. Had everything I needed and a comparable mahindra or kubota new was around 10k more.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          Kubota !
                          Need to second the Kubota input. This is a very good option.

Comment

I totally agree with which dealer will provide best service. In the past I was a die hard JD guy. The local dealership is so pathetic I decided to move on. I have dealership of all makes around me. When I was looking for a tractor for the ranch I looked at JD, new Holland, mahindra, massey and kubota
                            Absolutely nothing wrong with a Mahindra tractor. Just didn't have the features i was looking for in a tractor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always heard John Deere replacement parts are very expensive to replace, compared to Mahindra or Kubota.

Comment

I have to 2 buddies that mow and do dirt work on the side, both run Kubotas and love them.

Comment

Working...
                                X