No announcement yet.

John deere or Mahindra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere when I bought mine it looked like they were all close in price (55 horsepower) if you ever want to sell it they hold there value.

Comment

I bought a Mahindra in 2013, 50hp. I was not impressed, it is hard to really put my finger on why, but it just felt cheap. Many of the metal lines and fasteners had corrosion or rust in a few months, the battery terminals had to be replaced after 4 months. Service was always a pain and the close dealer was having trouble hanging on to mechanics. Within the first four months the pedals would not work right if wet and I had a PTO push button go bad. To top it all off the headlights shorted to ground and the dealer had to remove most of the cab to find the issue. The cab never sealed up right after. I sold that tractor after a year. I may have had a lemon, but my next will be another brand.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 90s model 45 horse and a new 30 horse mahindra. They are hard to beat if you want a compact tractor.. my 110 horse was new holland. I had a 85 horse kabota but that thing would beat you to death in the hay field they don't weigh enough. I had a John deere compact that kept stripping the splines in the front axle after the 3rd trip to the dealer jd voided my warranty and said I was moving stuff that was too heavy with the loader..
        Last edited by jds247; 01-11-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          Swarovski or vortex

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          Yep!
          I can understand comparing a Deere to a Kubota, but not a Mahindra.

Comment

I had an M5700 Kubota since 2004. I worked the hell out of it, discing, dragging, and mowing. I would have never traded it except it had no FEL and was two wheel drive. I happened up on a Kubota 6040 like I wanted, (no def), and I traded. I hope this one is as good as my old one, but I don't use a dealer for service, I use an independent mechanic who is better, faster, and cheaper.

Comment

I can't even keep up anymore with who is building what for who.....

just bought a new track loader and while shopping around, found out the the Cat has a Kubota engine in it.

my Kubotas have been my favorite here lately, but the brand decision is very sensitive to what size tractor you are buying.

right now I own two Kubota tractors in that 45-55 horse range, and have had zero problems with them.

There may be a better option than kubota in the 40 horse range.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                John Deere due to parts and service.
                X2
                Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-11-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

John deere due to support, parts, and resale value. You will get way more for a JD when you go to sell it. We've got a Kubbota and a JD. Prefer the JD

Comment

A buddy around Bandera has a Mahindra. He won't go back to anything else.

Comment

Brand new? Mahindra hands down!

Comment

Mahindra in that tractor size. Deere is middle tier at best in sub 100hp, especially 50hp or less

End of the day. Comes down to how much you like your dislike local dealer.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback

Comment

Would not own one of those green chit piles. Red all the way

Comment

I service 4 different tractor dealerships. They all hate Tier 4 DEF tractors, too many problems with DEF going sour or the DEF injector plugging up.

JD, MF, Kubota, IH Case, LS and Yanmar are the brands they sell. The mechanics at all dealerships tell me that parts are hard to get and technical support from the factory is horrible. I have kicked around the idea of buying a new tractor but believe I will hang on to my old MF.

Comment

The only negative about Mahindra is their very poor quality of steel. If you leave it outdoors, it will be a rust bucket full of holes within 8-10 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X