I got a ticket rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    "Grandpa, tell me about the brave man that wouldn't take any government nonsense and stood up for himself."

"Oh, that's a wonderful tale. This brave young Texan didn't want to pay an unjust $22 fine, and by George, he didn't! He wasn't about to let the government push him around."

"So he won and didn't pay the $22?"

"You bet. After 4 hours waiting in lines and sitting in government buildings and filling out forms and $200 in court costs, he got that $22 dismissed. After another $50 processing fee, of course."

"So he lost?"

"Oh yeah, big time."
    Still got the ticket dismissal fee taken away

Comment

A lot of cost speculation. I would like to hear the judges response when you hand him the ticket and say I don't know why I got the ticket, I renewed the day before.

If I'm going to get a whoopin I don't deserve they are going to have to fight me for it. I'm not laying down and taking anything I don't deserve and if you just pay this that's what is happening. Sometimes the money is secondary to principal.

Comment

$22 is a bargain. The podunk town I live in charged me $25 for a dismissal on no proof of insurance even though I eventually found my card a showed to to the cop. He stated that it was too late since he had already printed out the ticket. I was pulled over for no reason BTW. It was late at night. I had some choice words all ready to lay on him but instead I thanked him for his hen house service. I still had to pay the scam fee.

Comment

I guess some folks would just take it again and again year after year if it came to that.
          It's only $30..
          Maybe, go buy a seat at a ball game then find out you spent 100 for 25 dollar seats.

Comment

Heck of a lesson for your kids. It doesn't have to be right if you have enough cash.

Comment

It's absolutely a valuable lesson to your kids.

"If it's going to cost you more than the benefit you'll receive, just move on down the road."

You're not standing up against slavery. You're not going off to fight a war against tyranny. You're wasting your own time trying not to pay a meaningless $20 you (rightly) think you don't owe. The only thing you're teaching your children is how to make a very mildly bad situation much worse.

Comment

That’s a trooper for ya. I’ve stopped several people that showed to have expired registration in the system but they have the current sticker. I have verified that it’s the correct sticker and then just send them on their way. It’s no violation.

Comment

It's absolutely a valuable lesson to your kids.

"If it's going to cost you more than the benefit you'll receive, just move on down the road."

You're not standing up against slavery. You're not going off to fight a war against tyranny. You're wasting your own time trying not to pay a meaningless $20 you (rightly) think you don't owe. The only thing you're teaching your children is how to make a very mildly bad situation much worse.
                  OK, with that logic if I file a claim in small claims court in Collin County, against you for $100 dollars are you going to drive up here and appear in court or just pay it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                    OK, with that logic if I file a claim in small claims court in Collin County, against you for $100 dollars are you going to drive up here and appear in court or just pay it ?
                    Nope, I’d sue you for $10k for a frivolous suit.

Comment

Nope, I’d sue you for $10k for a frivolous suit.
                      Yeah, ok. Your obviously the kind of person who values money more than doing the right thing. Explains why we have some of the problems in society we have today. Do as you please if you can pay someone off.

This is going no where. Have a nice day.

Comment

And here’s the difference:

When I won, you’d sure as **** learn your lesson.

Your scenario, you spend a whole lot of time and effort for $20 and absolutely zero changes.
                        And you’re probably out way more than $20. You probably spent more than that parking.

They’re not similar scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          I'm so mad for you. I can't even type. Nor can I post what I first wrote.
                          yep, at least i hope i did not hit send.

I would raise hell

Comment

Good grief Walmart must have had a big sale on giant keyboards

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Where and when do people draw a line that where decisions made their own life better or it shoved it back into somebody else and complicated their own?

Where and when?

I'll accept I'm a redneck as well as all of my family, but it's embarrassing to be associated with those that make the most asinine and uneducated choices in life.

Comment

In the end, I completely agree that it should not cost you a dime to resolve.
                                But I completely understand why the officer issued the citation

Comment

Working...
                                X