No announcement yet.

Best 3/4 ton Gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Chevy 2500. As said, bad gas mileage but it drives great and I love it. I bought it as a 15 year/250k mile purchase.

Comment

Best 3/4 ton Gasser

Do the 3/4 ton gassers get as good of resale value as the diesels? I talking all things equal like 48k for gas vs 56k diesel with same mileage? Are you seeing trade in of 28 on the gasser and 36 on the diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
        Up until last month I would have said Ford.... then I bought a Cummings. Totally different story!! Better fuel mileage and twice the power.

There is no G in Cummins. Look at the badge and see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          There is no G in Cummins. Look at the badge and see for yourself.
          Stupid auto correct...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is my take. I ranch and use my truck for everything from hauling kids to hauling cattle. I have always driven diesels up until six months ago. I bought a 2018 Ford F250 gas burner. My reason for doing this is bottom line. The engine cost is close to 10K more, the maintenance cost is about 3 times more and the diesel fuel cost about $.30 cents more per gallon. I do the work with the gas burner that I did with my diesels. It is not as strong but it gets the job done just the same. There is not a lot of difference in the mpg. So if cost is not a factor then drive the diesel if you want.

Comment

I have a 2014 Dodge 6.7 now, which has been great. However, I had an 03 Chevy 6.0 that was bullet proof. Sold it to my Uncle and he sold it to a local meth head. That meth head has beat every square inch of that truck to hell and it's still going. Then I had an 08 6.0. It was bullet proof too. Both trucks would pull anything. I couldn't pull our D4 out of a creek bottom once with the 08 without putting it in 4 low it was steep. Big deal. Both would pull 10 round bales no problem. Load of cattle no problem.

Comment

Love my 2017 F350 CCSB 4x4 with the 6.2 gas engine!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a 2017 3/4 ram with 6.4 hemi. Pulls great when I need it to and has plenty power. Gettin 14 to 15 gas mileage and 12 to 13 when haulin all my huntin gear. Is 4 wheel drive also. Plenty room inside.

Comment

2002 2500HD with a 6.0l and 4:10. Pulls great and will pass anything but a gas station. Best mileage ever was 13.9 empty with the wind at my back.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                      Toyota Tundra, get some airbags in the back and your set.
                      He said he wanted a 3/4 ton, not a Half-ton with 5-lug wheels you find on a compact pick up

Comment

I bought my first 3/4 ton diesel last year and although I don't need a diesel I do like the 19mph avg over the 12 to 14 mpg you get with a gas motor

Comment

This one

Comment

the GM 6.0 is the best workhorse gasser in the 3/4 ton range. not the fastest out of the box. but, there is aftermarket parts galore to open it up. i have a 2004 GMC 2500 and that thing just keeps humming a long.

Ford and Ram have better interiors.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              Do the 3/4 ton gassers get as good of resale value as the diesels? I talking all things equal like 48k for gas vs 56k diesel with same mileage? Are you seeing trade in of 28 on the gasser and 36 on the diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              no, i would say the best deal in trucks these days is a used 3/4 ton gasser.

Comment

i found a 2017 6.0 Silverado with 28,000 miles for $36,500. Is this a good deal for the gasser?

Comment

Working...
                                X