Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    yet ANOTHER reason i love the green screen. i would absolutely love to and count me in! just tell me what i need to bring, where to be and what time and ill be there!!
    Yup, come on out with us! Ultralite has shown me the ways and now I'm a regular in the duck blind. We never guarantee birds, only a good time!

Man, I really need to get my dog ready for this season. He'll be excited to be in the blind though. I'm ready!

Comment

Can't wait for this to be a real retrieve on a downed duck!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
        Alligator question.

ARE ALLIGATORS going to eat our dog????

Possibly.

I have a boykin and will not take him out there until December. We've hunted teal and early season with gators in the ponds more than a couple of times. Had one take 3 of our ducks in one hunt once. Have also encountered multiple slides out there from the big lizards. Some guys risk it. I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
          Alligator question. Since Anahuac NWR did away with camping in line the night before, and with the flatbill wearing millennials showing up at Justin Hurst by the thousands, we are think about Mad Island or Guadalupe Delta.

ARE ALLIGATORS going to eat our dog????

Also, we are two Dads each with a Teen hunter. One of the teens is a girl and one hell of a hunter. For a group of four, we do pretty well.
          I am not sure about Mad Island, but Guadalupe is covered with gators. We dont typically bring the dog durning real season and during big duck season, the dog is by my side the entire walk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ready for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
              You're more than welcome to come hunt with me and my buddies if you're okay with public land. The hunting is hit or miss but it's free and we have all the gear you'll need till you get addicted to it
              Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              Yup, come on out with us! Ultralite has shown me the ways and now I'm a regular in the duck blind. We never guarantee birds, only a good time!

Man, I really need to get my dog ready for this season. He'll be excited to be in the blind though. I'm ready!
              People offer stuff to others all the time and rarely does it come to fruition.. not with me on this subject.. i hope yall know what you just got yourself into .. ive got 1 buddy (lifelong friend, not on tbh tho) that i would bring along, if that would be permissible.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                hully1029 and 11B,

Ya'll are near some great areas to duck hunt public. It does get crowded with Dallas metro being so close, but with some leg work, you can find some spots to get into .

PM me if you're ever interested in hunting in the Austin area.
                i usually use up all my vacation and holiday time during hunting season, and if i can squeeze a couple more out, i may just follow up with you on that. thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  People offer stuff to others all the time and rarely does it come to fruition.. not with me on this subject.. i hope yall know what you just got yourself into .. ive got 1 buddy (lifelong friend, not on tbh tho) that i would bring along, if that would be permissible.
                  Haha I'm sure it will come to fruition, we hunt fairly close to you so it wont be too hard to coordinate.

Comment

Felt like this thread needed more pictures so here's a few of my favorites from the past 2 seasons. We do okay most hunts, on the slower hunts, at least breakfast was good haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be hunting teal on the coast during the opener. I take my dog and have for the last 5 years. Stays with me until light and never had a gator encounter in the pond. She did try to jump on one from the boat on our way out when she was young. Luckily it was a small one and wanted out of there as badly as I wanted her back in the boat. Still scared the crud out of me. What's great about this years opener is the the South Zone Dove season opens the Friday night before teal. Got a dove spot lined up Friday evening. Mid-Sept is like my Christmas.

Hopedale - If you're looking for a hunting partner in Centex shoot me a PM. My boy is finally in middle school football which opens up my weekends a lot more.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the top made out of on both your dog stands and what are the dimensions if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Man! seeing all of these pictures gets me pumped up and Ive never been haha. Ill get my crack at it one of these days and Ill be sure to post up lots of pics. I hope all of you guys have great luck this season and a h$ll of a lot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                              Will be hunting teal on the coast during the opener. I take my dog and have for the last 5 years. Stays with me until light and never had a gator encounter in the pond. She did try to jump on one from the boat on our way out when she was young. Luckily it was a small one and wanted out of there as badly as I wanted her back in the boat. Still scared the crud out of me. What's great about this years opener is the the South Zone Dove season opens the Friday night before teal. Got a dove spot lined up Friday evening. Mid-Sept is like my Christmas.

Hopedale - If you're looking for a hunting partner in Centex shoot me a PM. My boy is finally in middle school football which opens up my weekends a lot more.

Will do.

Comment

I’m ready for it! Hopefully weather conditions will be better in my area, this year. We could have used more water most of last season.

We had some petty good shooting last year, but it wasn’t very consistent.

Comment

Working...
                                X