• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
    Traeger is the answer here.

For reheating? I agree. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

“Au jus”?? This ain’t France. This is ****ing Texas…it’s drippings/juices.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Juice comes from a fruit...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          My old GF's nickname was Peaches

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Smart juice ? Eeewwww

Good to know cus the definition of Au jus includes the word “juice”, soooo…

Comment

Originally posted by cram369 View Post
              I always wondered why you couldn't cook, drain, leave wrapped, and reheat whole Brisket in the oven the next morning.

I usually take mine off the pit the night before and put in the oven overnight at 210 to finish to eat for lunch.
              I do this as well, works good.

Comment

Lol, lol !!

Comment

Cook it, rest it, wrap it further in its juices and it will reheat at low temps when you are ready for it. Let it come to room temp first though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Smart juice ? Eeewwww

Good to know cus the definition of Au jus includes the word “juice”, soooo…

They're French...as you said...they don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      My old GF's nickname was Peaches
                      Daaaaang, you made me think of an GF that I named “Peaches”. OMG warm peaches.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                        Cook brisket, keep the au jus, put brisket into vac seal, pour in the au jus. Seal and then when ready put into hot water for an hr or two to get hot. Perfect everytime.
                        Yep, this is how I do it if having to cook in advance

Comment

Brisket is best after resting an hour right off the smoker. Grab some beverages and light the fire about sundown Christmas eve. Make memories.

Just kidding, Listen to those above.

Comment

I've had really good results by vacuum sealing and the reheating with my Anova. I think I set it for 160 and put the brisket in for a couple of hours. Doesn't dry out. I guess you could do the same with a pot of water on the stove. I typically do this with leftovers. If I was doing a whole brisket this way I would separate the flat and the point.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                              I've had really good results by vacuum sealing and the reheating with my Anova. I think I set it for 160 and put the brisket in for a couple of hours. Doesn't dry out. I guess you could do the same with a pot of water on the stove. I typically do this with leftovers. If I was doing a whole brisket this way I would separate the flat and the point.
                              I started to consider this after reading several of the comments. I will likely sous vide it to warm it up, assuming I can vacuum seal it, may depend on how big the brisket is

Comment

So you're gonna finish it at 6pm and eat it 16 hours later? Just leave it sitting on the counter. It'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X