Lamco Road Feeder Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamco Road Feeder Questions

Have one in the 100lb size. Making a hunt in a couple days on a good sized property that doesn't get fed or hunted. Plan is to corn roads mid day and spend the afternoon stalking back over our path.

How long does it take to drain 100lbs? Say I'm going 10mph average.

I'd like to be able to drop a narrow trail for a long distance. Are there any mods that can be made so it doesn't throw corn out to the sides? Any way to reduce output to cover more distance?

Not as much as you think. Those feeders will chunk corn faster thank you think. We feed about 5 seconds at two sites in the morning and use about half a bag. Also why not feed closer to the hunts times rather than mid day? You’ll
    Be surprised on how fast those deer will find the corn and you’ll avoid them feeding while you aren’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen guys bend metal around the sides and the front like a shield to knock the corn straight down.

I changed the plate out on mine so I wouldn’t lose as much driving around while not throwing. It still throws out 100 lbs faster than you think. Take more corn than you think you’ll need!

Comment

Took me 450 lbs to go 3+ miles across our ranch. I fed on my way to the morning stand and then hunted that path back to camp around 930 AM.

Comment

I usually feed about a sack per stand and that generally will be in 3 different directions from the stand for maybe 150-200 yards each direction. Just a really rough guestimate at a steady 10 mph you will probably be able to feed maybe 800-1000 yards per 100#. I don't think our Lamco throws very wide at all. It doesn't throw a whole lot wider than the two tracks of our roads.
          Last edited by Capt Glenn; 11-29-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I’m not sure about the Lamco but I had a Cabelas that threw too much corn. I covered half of the hole with aluminum tape, helped mine.

Comment

Depends on how much you open the slide gate.

Comment

for what its worth, I mix in sweet feed from tractor supply or any feed store with my corn, and the smell seems to work really well to bring in more deer than regular corn. i think its a corn, protein pellet, moleasis and maybe peanut shell ?? My feeder has a slide plate to let more or less drop out when feeding.

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to tinker with it today.

I might just try to feed a spot every 50 yards or so rather than a solid trail. Going to be on a honda 500 so two guys and about 6-7 sacks is probably our max.

Comment

Depends on how low or high the cup is. It can be easily raised or lowered with a Phillips screwdriver as needed.

Comment

Got her rigged up today. I finally found a good use for one of those old metal 5 gallon feeders. Drops a path about 2ft wide.

At the factory spinner plate height and a speed of 8mph, I was getting about 13 yards travel distance per pound. Tightened it up just a touch and that bumped to 17.

Last edited by toledo; 11-30-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

By limiting the spread they will clean it up much quicker. I know some folks have narrow roads and they don't want to throw corn into the brush, but I like it as spread out as possible. Make 'em work for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          By limiting the spread they will clean it up much quicker. I know some folks have narrow roads and they don't want to throw corn into the brush, but I like it as spread out as possible. Make 'em work for it.
                          I agree and that 20 pieces that go in the bust ain’t gonna matter

Comment

I’ve also found that dropping a tight corn pattern, especially in a straight line, keeps the deer bunched up and harder to get a clean shot at.

Comment

Based on the definition of where you are hunting......I would not worry about how much corn is spread out. Being ten more bags than what you think you will need Pour it on thick!!!!! Would not use a mod either. This way the deer feed all over the road. Spreads them out a little more.

Comment

Working...
                              X