No announcement yet.

What Rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordinarily, I’d agree with the spend more money on the glass crowd. However, this is intended to be a family heirloom and with that in mind, I’d buy something classic with a nice wood stock and blued steel. Maybe a new Browning or Tikka. Or maybe a used Sako, Cooper, or pre-64 Winchester. I’ve seen some very nice customs priced around $2k that someone spent more than twice that much building.

Comment

Browning b78 highwall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would want something with nice wood stock to hand down. I have custom 308 Norma mag that my grandpa passed down to me. Beautiful gun.
        I have a classic 17 Remington BDL that I’ll pass down

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
          Winchester model 70 super grade if you want a classic heirloom to pass along.
          I don't have one but when I think heirloom .270 my mind immediately goes to this rifle.

My grandfather's .270 I ended up with is a 700 ADL. Nothing fancy about it at all but means the world to me because it was his. Can't go wrong with any rifle, imo. The whose behind the what is what matters.

Comment

More money on a gun doesn’t make it an heirloom.
            Accuracy and smooth action are what matters
            I would also agree on a wood stocked version.

The upgraded scope will allow him more opportunities to make more memories.

BIg Pig

Comment

Remington 700 in your choice of caliber and use the remaining on whatever upgrades you would want.

Comment

I have a Tikka in 25-06 that means a lot to me and my family. I was able to take my first good buck with and my wife and two boys were able to take their first bucks with it. Needless to say it will stay with the family forever. In my opinion Tikka makes a great rifle I now own a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X