Question for R/C car hobbyists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    I wanna put a turkey decoy on one and run it around!
    Now that's a good idea!

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on a Slash Ultimate.

Can't wait!!!

Comment

Anyone run the new
        Traxxas E revo 2.0?
        I’ve been researching them, they look pretty salty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Of anyone would be interested in a vaterra ascender I have one I'm thinking about selling. It's more for crawling than going fast though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt, thinking about getting my son one for Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive had both….electric is the way to go. There’s a whole new line of crawlers that are worth a look. Axial is a good start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These threads keep popping up. I have an electric cigarette boat in the garage from back in the day. I need to see about getting new remote, servos etc and running it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  These threads keep popping up. I have an electric cigarette boat in the garage from back in the day. I need to see about getting new remote, servos etc and running it again.
                  My wife's bio-dad (Left her mom when the wife was a toddler- never involved in her life after) passed away a couple years ago. She had reconnected with him when we were married, and we had only seen him a couple times since, in 20 years. When he passed, his wife called mine and said he had a bunch of stuff for our son. She went and picked it up, and it is probably $5k worth of RC boat and helicopter stuff. I still haven't even gone through it all to see what there is. Mix of electric and nitro.

Seeing this thread might spark another interest. I built and raced 1/10 electric back in the same time frame as the OP. I need another hobby like my wife needs another pair of shoes.

Comment

Post a build thread- a RC boat is on my want list before next summer. I just bought a monster truck for me and Santa is bringing my kiddo a 2wd Stampede this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                      My wife's bio-dad (Left her mom when the wife was a toddler- never involved in her life after) passed away a couple years ago. She had reconnected with him when we were married, and we had only seen him a couple times since, in 20 years. When he passed, his wife called mine and said he had a bunch of stuff for our son. She went and picked it up, and it is probably $5k worth of RC boat and helicopter stuff. I still haven't even gone through it all to see what there is. Mix of electric and nitro.

Seeing this thread might spark another interest. I built and raced 1/10 electric back in the same time frame as the OP. I need another hobby like my wife needs another pair of shoes.
                      I need a motor, servos and remote

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      Post a build thread- a RC boat is on my want list before next summer. I just bought a monster truck for me and Santa is bringing my kiddo a 2wd Stampede this year.
                      I havent even looked at parts and I dont know of a place local to ask about what size motor. Im sure it still runs but its all old tech and more speed is always good. It ran about 20 from what I remember. It probably 30" long.

I looked at some traxxis buggies the other day and almost ordered one. Fixing this boat may scratch the itch and save me some coin

Comment

I need a motor, servos and remote

I havent even looked at parts and I dont know of a place local to ask about what size motor. Im sure it still runs but its all old tech and more speed is always good. It ran about 20 from what I remember. It probably 30" long.

I looked at some traxxis buggies the other day and almost ordered one. Fixing this boat may scratch the itch and save me some coin
                        It's all old stuff.....

I don't know if there are any shops around any more. We visited a store/ track down in Sugarland a few years ago when my son was getting the itch, but it has since closed.

Comment

Working...
                        X