RecTeq 590 Delivers Tuesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RecTeq 590 Delivers Tuesday!

I've been reading about pellet smokers for years on here and finally decided to bite the bullet. Based on numerous recommendations and a fantastic warranty I decided on the Rec Tec 590. Arrives on Tuesday I'm super excited to get broken in and start trying some various meats. Not sure what all smoke first, pork butt, ribs or a $100 brisket. Need some pellets too. I'm told walmart carries a great selection. I would appreciate any advice or tips help me have success this week.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Outback View Post
    I've been reading about pellet smokers for years on here and finally decided to bite the bullet. Based on numerous recommendations and a fantastic warranty I decided on the Rec Tec 590. Arrives on Tuesday I'm super excited to get broken in and start trying some various meats. Not sure what all smoke first, pork butt, ribs or a $100 brisket. Need some pellets too. I'm told walmart carries a great selection. I would appreciate any advice or tips help me have success this week.

In my experience stay away from the Pit Boss pellets.

Use Lumberjack, B&B or Bear Mountain. Much better smoke and flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Quality Pellet grills will ruin you.
      So easy to make good food without staying on top of it.
      We use ours 3-4 times a week.
      As of now Lumberjack hickory pellets are my favorite.
      Get you some sear plates if you haven’t already.
      Seared steaks and pork chops at over 500 degrees are awesome.
      We have been on a pizza kick lately…
      You will love it. I haven’t fired up my stick burner in over a year…

Comment

Love my 590! I just ordered a shelf to add to give me more cooking space. You’re going to love the grill!,

Comment

I use a smoke tube in mine for extra smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Quality Pellet grills will ruin you.
            So easy to make good food without staying on top of it.
            We use ours 3-4 times a week.
            As of now Lumberjack hickory pellets are my favorite.
            Get you some sear plates if you haven’t already.
            Seared steaks and pork chops at over 500 degrees are awesome.
            We have been on a pizza kick lately…
            You will love it. I haven’t fired up my stick burner in over a year…
            I need to do pizzas again

Comment

Had my Rec Tec for 4 years now love it!!! Smokes perfectly and no temp swings.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                I use a smoke tube in mine for extra smoke.
                +1

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. Looking for grillgrates now.

Comment

Apparently the grill grates but I need for my Rec Tec 590 are back ordered everywhere. I need the three panel 19.25 inch hit with a tool. I also noticed a number of fake sites out there selling grills and grilling accessories.

Comment

I'm assuming I don't need grill grates to cook brisket, chicken, pork butter and ribs do I?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                        I'm assuming I don't need grill grates to cook brisket, chicken, pork butter and ribs do I?

No.
                        You can cook anything without them. They just help with searing.

Comment

You will love it. I (it) makes the best baby back ribs!

Comment

I have had my 590 for about 16 months. Most of my cooking/smoking is done between 180 and 300 degrees. My pellet usage at those temps is not bad, but if you plan on grilling steaks at 500 degrees your pellet consumption will increase drastically. B&B and Bear Mountain and Rec Tec pellets are the pellets I have used and liked them all. If you doo grill at 500 degrees, you need to let it cool back down to 200-225 before shutting it off. The pellets tend to keep burning if you shut it down after cooking at higher temps without letting it cool back down. I even set mine @ 180 for 5-10 minutes after cooking @ 300 degrees before shutting mine off. Enjoy it.

If you`re looking, You`re not cooking.

Lots of good info on this forum. Check it out.
                            Rec Teq fans forum for Rec Teq pellet grill owners. If you own or thinking about a Rec Teq pellet grill, then you've found home.

Comment

Welcome to the RecTeq family! We bought the next size up, the Bull 700 and their kettle style smoker a few months ago. I have owned Bradley, Masterbuilt and a Green Mountain Grill and HANDS DOWN the RecTeq has been my absolute favorite! Much better quality, perfect temp control and great customer service. If you are into FaceBook, do a search, and you can find several FB pages for RecTeq groups and recipes. So far, finding pellets has been easy. LumberJack and Bear Mountain are my favorite. You can get them at Atwood’s, Tractor Supply, Dicks and last week, I picked up some mesquite pellets at HEB that I really liked. Just remember, the higher temp you are cooking at, the less smoke you will get. Under 225 for briskets, ribs, pork butt, you will get awesome smoke flavor. If you are cooking something like chicken at a higher temp. For a crispier skin, you can always add a smoke tube for more smoke. You will have so much fun and will find this your new addiction. As we speak, I spent time thus afternoon prepping things for a deep dish pizza and will be throwing it on tonight. 20 -30 minutes at 400 degrees and they say it is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X