Missing hunter found dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing hunter found dead.

Has anyone heard about the gentleman that went missing over in Crowell TX? He went missing Friday evening on a 8,000 acre ranch. He had shot a hog and went to look for it and got turned around and lost his way. I was told he made a phone call and told someone he was lost and his phone was dying and that the snow was really coming down. My good friend from that area called and told me the missing hunter was found dead today (Sunday) 5 miles from his truck. No word on cause of death but I would assume he got too cold and I'm not sure how old he was. Very sad and scary deal. May God comfort his friends and family and rest his soul.

Prayers up for family and friends.

Sad and very tragic.

Comment

Wow that’s awful

Comment

Prayers Sent

Comment

Prayers up for family

Comment

Prayers sent.

Will open another thread.

Comment

For a freakin hog too. Not even remotely worth it. Shoulda gut shot and left it

Comment

Sad to hear! Prayers for his family!

As stated...for a hog!

Comment

Prayers up......and always be prepared clothing wise and have a Compass and know how to use it.and the one in cell phone is battery driven so don't count on it..When you in dark in thick timber (at night) every direction looks same..

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                    Prayers up......and always be prepared clothing wise and have a Compass and know how to use it.and the one in cell phone is battery driven so don't count on it..When you in dark in thick timber (at night) every direction looks same..
                    And something to start a fire with

Comment

Sad deal. I’m bad about being prepared as far as clothing goes, but I also know the land I’m hunting on very well.

Comment

Sad to hear

Comment

Dang that sucks!

Comment

I was kinda following this as best as I could, the man that takes care of the ranch we lease in Crowell was telling me about it but this is the first I heard of his death. Sad deal for sure..

Comment

It’s amazing how different things look when the snow starts falling. Got lost in Colorado years ago because not snowing when I walked off and blizzard like an hour later.

Prayers up

Comment

Working...
                              X