Ford Guys - tire clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Guys - tire clearance

I have a 2017 F150 FX4. I recently put a 2" leveling kit on the front, and am needing new tires.

I know a lot of people add the leveling kit, just curious what size tire you can fit without rubbing.

I am keeping my Ford 20" wheels, so I wont be going wide. Just a taller, more aggressive looking tire.

Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 05-20-2019, 09:39 AM.

I had a 2" leveling kit on the'17 F150 that I had and 33" tires fit just right for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I had a 2" leveling kit on the'17 F150 that I had and 33" tires fit just right for me.
      Thank ya!

Comment

I am in same boat as you, I have been researching and keeping eyes out and have found that the 35" works without rub... not sure if I need that large of a tire though so probs going with 33"

Comment

2015 Supercrew with 2" level and factory wheels...33" tires were great.

Comment

Originally posted by GigEmAgs07 View Post
            I have a 2017 FX4. I recently put a 2" leveling kit on the front, and am needing new tires.

I know a lot of people add the leveling kit, just curious what size tire you can fit without rubbing.

I am keeping my Ford 20" wheels, so I wont be going wide. Just a taller, more aggressive looking tire.

Thanks for any input.

150 or 250?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2014 F150 Supercrew w/leveling kit running 275/70/18 Dura Tracs. 33.4" diameter w/no problems.

Comment

Had a guy at the house the other day with a 2019 f2fiddy platinum. He had 37s with nothing but a 2.5" level kit on it. Toyo rt.

Comment

Corrected it to show f150. Thanks!

Comment

I have 315/70/17 on my 2017 f150 and they dont rub. Mine is a 2wd with 2in level.

Comment

Same lift on my 2014. My rims are 22" and the tires are 285/55 with no rub. The next size will rub. Proj Mgr has same FX4 and went one size larger with his 20". They will rub. Good Luck.

Comment

Check out tire calculators like the one at Discount Tire for your measurement comparisons. Their calculator has save me from numerous do-overs.

Comment

305/55/20 - I've done two trucks like this. Had to trim the crash bars on my 2015

Comment

You should be able to fit up to a 35x12.50. I've got 285/75/18. Nitto measures claims these are 35x11.5 and I've still got plenty of clearance on stock wheels. If you were to go with different wheels, you'll need to really watch the offset because you'll quickly end up rubbing on the crash bars with larger tires.

Comment

I’m going with Falken 305/55/20. Discount tire price matched amazon since they were in stock on amazon. $217 per.
                              I’ll upload before and after pics for anyone interested.
                              Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 05-20-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X