No announcement yet.

Found a Floor Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly a military issued pistol. I have one from my biological Dad that looks almost the same.

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

I'm glad you got it open! Now if you find anything out about the pistol let us know.

Comment

Cool find. How come safe cracker didn't post pics himself?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Better than an empty rolex box and deposit slips

Comment

I bet that gun has at lease one murder under the grip.

Comment

Cool finds none the less. Not the treasure we all hoped for...But.
                Ya can't have everything. It was fun, thanks and glad it was no hoax.

Comment

Kinda sad its over...now I have to go back to work.

Comment

Thanks for following thru and congrats on the newly acquired pistol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm glad that's over with!

Comment

Not a disappointing ending at all! Sure it wasn't full of gold bars, but those smith & wesson pistols are nice. It sure beat finding an some empty ammo boxes after all that work. I'd be getting the rust off that pistol today. I bet it was stuck in that holster and that is why it rusted like it did. Cool find!

Comment

Looks like a S&W Model 15, probably a -2.

Let us know what model the revolver is.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            The only reasonable thing left is the take the floor out completely. House too if necessary. The wife will understand.
                            HA! HA! HA!

I am pretty sure that's some people's mentality on this whole deal, at this point.

Comment

I would have thought it would have been pretty odd for somebody to take the time to install a floor safe, in concrete. And then leave valuables inside of it.

Seems even more odd, that a LEO would leave a service weapon and ammo behind. Or that they would store a service weapon in such a manner. Would be interested in whom the previous owners were, in most counties you can look it up on the appraisal districts website.

Thanks for the ride and closure OP!

Comment

I am not sure who he was hiding that pistol from. But it was not much good for self defense, locked up tight in that floor safe. Nice pistol, not very old, but a nice pistol. I like Smiths they are good guns. To buy and have that nice of a safe installed and you put your service revolver in there with a lot of ammo. Maybe the wife said no guns in the house and or he was trying to make sure the wife did not get to the pistol, because she might have shot him with it. But then she just poisoned him with antifreeze. Then sold the house and took off with her boyfriend. I am guessing whoever put that gun there died, however and nobody else knew the safe was in the floor. Why else would you move out of a house and leave a gun and a lot of ammo in the floor of the house.
                                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-16-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X