Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great buck. Congrats.

How long do you think it took the bobcat to get on him? Crazy.

Comment

That's a toad. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by g2outfitter View Post
        Yea a little movement for us but not great. Heard alot of Coyotes and many pigs were seen. What part of young you in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Off RX Ranch Road between Loving and Markley! Y’all??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
          Off RX Ranch Road between Loving and Markley! Y’all??

Off Markley and Predeaux Rd, close to you. First year on place. Been hunting in Junction since 1958. Hope the area is good

Comment

Just landed a place in Knox county. First time hunting the area. I usually hunt Cooke county. Got my feeder and blind set up yesterday. I’ll be heading out in the morning to see if anything has found the corn.
            Blind is in the picture too.

What’s a good mature buck for the county? Just looking for an idea of what I’m hunting. Thanks

Comment

Fine lookin deer Ed!
              That's a great lead off LDP!
              Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by g2outfitter View Post
                Off Markley and Predeaux Rd, close to you. First year on place. Been hunting in Junction since 1958. Hope the area is good

I think you’ll enjoy it! This is my third year on this lease. The guys I hunt with have been here six. I think this area is a little under rated for the deer hunting honestly, but That keeps it from being too over hunted so I don’t mind!

Comment

Fine buck!

Comment

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post
                    Just landed a place in Knox county. First time hunting the area. I usually hunt Cooke county. Got my feeder and blind set up yesterday. I’ll be heading out in the morning to see if anything has found the corn.

What’s a good mature buck for the county? Just looking for an idea of what I’m hunting. Thanks

Well I’ve seen about 10 deer this morning. Two small bucks kept pushing everything away from the feeder. Pretty happy to be seeing so much activity since the feeders been slinging less than 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                      Saturday morning everything came together. I’ve been watching this buck for 4 seasons. Last year he was a main frame 9 and on our no shoot list. 7:50am, 15yd shot, 50-60 yard trail job. When I was walking up to him, my heart jumped when I saw movement. I could see his belly and sitting there between his legs was a bobcat licking blood off of him. I yelled in surprise and the cat hauled butt.
                      [ATTACH]1022109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1022110[/ATTACH]
                      Congrats! Great Buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                        Saturday morning everything came together. I’ve been watching this buck for 4 seasons. Last year he was a main frame 9 and on our no shoot list. 7:50am, 15yd shot, 50-60 yard trail job. When I was walking up to him, my heart jumped when I saw movement. I could see his belly and sitting there between his legs was a bobcat licking blood off of him. I yelled in surprise and the cat hauled butt.
                        [ATTACH]1022109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1022110[/ATTACH]
                        Awesome buck, waiting another year on him obviously paid off!! No deer were killed at our ranch opening weekend but 4 pigs took an arrow. I'm headed out after work today for my first sit, not expecting much in this heat.

Comment

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post

Fully mature deer, especially if they get to eat in cultivated fields, will get upwards of 250 lbs., and score 150 - 160 range. Be patient. The big boys don't come to play until it gets cold. The risk is that they may get broken up.

Comment

We have shot 3 deer in the last 2 years over 160” on the first week of the season. Don’t discount the early season. They are still in bachelor groups and just now starting to get edgy with one another. I saw 3 new scrapes on my food plot this morning that weren’t there on Saturday and have 2 others already established that are getting hit daily/nightly. They are still hammering the protein too.

Comment

Had some good sightings this past weekend. 100 degrees on Sunday was a bit much thou. It is a lot more enjoyable at 75 degrees and below for sure. Wheat is up 6-7 inches and looks good. Enjoyed just being away from everything for 3 days.

Comment

It’s been a weird season so far, my target buck in Archer hasn’t been on camera since the 5th and movement has been minimal until this morning. Going to sit for him again this evening but might run to jacksboro in the morning for a hunt. Good luck everyone, we need some cold weather to stick around.

Comment

Working...
                                X