Walmart Savage Axis 270 Trigger Upgrade Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
    I’d go that route before spending $100 on a $200 gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my reasoning. I paid $180 out the door....and was proud of it lol. The spring mod or kit both kept me and my buddy at low cost bragging rights for a shooter...

Comment

I put a kit in for my son’s .223 Savage Axis, made a “YUGE” difference!

Here is the thread. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...t=Axis+trigger

Not sure The guy is still making them, the link in my thread is dead now

Comment

I replaced with a Timney and it breaks nice and crisp at about 3#. Whole job only took about 45mins to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
          Think that’s the one you just trim the spring on.
          yep one coil at a time

Comment

Trim spring and polish. Turns out great

Comment

Yes, I did it to my Axis 223. I trimmed 1.5 coils off and it is a 3.5lb trigger and one of most accuarte rifles. I was surprised.

Comment

saved for later

Comment

Just ordered a spring kit. My wife thinks I'm crazy to take a rifle apart as soon as I get it home, lol.

Comment

I order the kit too but had issues with dry firing when the safety was engage. Probably installation issues but didn't feel safe after that. Ordered the timney trigger and no issues since.

Comment

Installed the MCarbo on my Axis .223. Big improvement.

Will be putting one on the .22-250 that I got in the Walmart clearance sale last month.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                        I ordered a spring replacement. Made a world of difference!!
                        To repeat what someone else said, this made a Yuge different. Also, if you don't like the stock, take a look at boyds stocks.

Comment

If you don't like it.. Rifle Basix is the way to go on a savage

Comment

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
                            I order the kit too but had issues with dry firing when the safety was engage. Probably installation issues but didn't feel safe after that. Ordered the timney trigger and no issues since.
                            I had the same issue when I did the spring replacement. I took it to a gunsmith to check out and they couldn't fix it either. Took me tinkering with it for it to finally stop dry firing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

IN addition to the trigger job or replacement.
                              Get a Boyds stock. It changed the whole feel of the rifle. The plastic one that it comes with felt cheap and like a toy.
                              Look how purdy the new stock made it.
                              116 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Lots of great information and ideas. Thought I may be the only person trying to do an upgrade on this gun. Think I’m going to go the route of taking rings out of the original spring first. If I’m not happy with that, then I may go the full monty and do a Timmney trigger.
                                Yes, that Boyd’s stock does dress it up. A heavier stock would be nice.

Has anyone done any serious work on this model to make it a legit long range shooter? Not a tack driver, but at least shoot a decent pattern.
                                I’ve stumbled on a few YouTube videos, but haven’t watched them to the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X