Clear All

Awesome

Watching for the story and pics

Comment

Nice! Good luck and be safe!

Comment

Shot him at water.
        Double lung @ 43yds.
        He went 20yds, and they Watched him fall!
        And he was able to get it all on video.
        They are traveling home now.

God is so good!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats

Comment

big congrats to yall!

Comment

What a beast. Nice job

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Unreal!! Huge congrats on an awesome animal. We're headed to 15 for first rifle.

Comment

That's fantastic. Congrats on the nice elk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations. That is a great bull!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Excellent bull. Looks like y’all had a great trip

Comment

Congrats! That’s a nice looking bull!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Sorry guys! I should have put the update on this thread but i created a new one [emoji51] but here it is in the right spot!

This is Dana (chas’ wife) posting this-he’s driving [emoji57]
                              What a hard hunt! We have struggled seeing and hearing elk for pretty much 8 out of the 10 days we were there.
                              We started off just trying to bugle in the mornings but had no luck with them replying to our calls. Then we spent most of the morning driving/hiking to waterholes and a lot of them were dry. The ones that we did find water at had like 1 or 2 tracks around it. We figured we would find one getting hammered with elk but that just never happened.
                              We did find some water holes to sit but didn’t see any elk. We had some mule deer and javelinas come in but that was it.
                              Our main issues were the full moon, heat and tons of unethical hunters! We actually had a guy come in while we were already sitting a water hole in a brush blind. He had built one too. He had a see through net tied to two trees and an office chair behind the net. Chas stood up and waved at him to let him know we were there and he just kept coming! Chas stood up again and said hey man we’re hunting here. He told Chas that he was too! He said he built this blind and if we want to stay we can. Lol he said if they come out on the left we’ll shoot and if they come out on the right he’ll shoot! [emoji849] trying to avoid an all out fist fight at the water hole, I told Chas let’s just go. But we had several encounters where other hunters didn’t care about a sign saying their were hunters on the water hole or people riding their quads and buggies right at prime time with their radios up, hooping and hollering and just messing the hunt up. The wind blew so hard on 2 evening hunts, we had to hold down our pop up blind!. I was getting pretty discouraged on about day 7! Anyway, on day 10 morning hunt, Chas Called in a bull to about 40 Yards of me, screaming and raking! I could hear him breathing he was so close! He had a cow in front of him and she turned up the mountain before the opening I was in so I never got a shot but what an adrenaline rush!! We ended up going back to camp and try to figure out the plan for the evening.

Evening hunt: we went to a water hole we sat at for 3 or 4 evenings-never saw anything but their were a few tracks so we thought they may come.
                              At about 6:00 we had a cow and spike come out. They stayed for about an hour drinking and eating grass 10 feet from the pop up blind. Then at 7:30, about 5 cows came from up the dike and i saw horns coming in behind them. Finally! Now I can do what I’ve been playing through my mind for 10 days! He came in and laid down and as soon as he gave me the broadside I pulled back and shot! I saw my luminock arch and go in the bull! I looked down to nock another arrow and when I looked back up he had stopped at the top of the dike and started swaying. He crashed right there! Double lung shot @ 43 yards.

We waited 30 minutes, went to get the truck as close as possible, took a bunch of pics and got to work! Thank God we had about a 75 yard pack out to the truck!! I wanted was to try to pack the head out myself. After taking a picture, Chas said you can do it!! So I took off, almost fell back a few times but made it! We got everything packed in the truck and got back to camp at 12:30 in the morning! Best day ever!!

It took a lot of patience, not giving up and having great guides! H&A Outfitters didn’t disappoint. They worked their butts off to get me on an elk. With the help of Drew, Tommy and Chas it just all came together! And I wouldn’t have had the energy to hunt without our cook Eddy!

Lots of great memories and a 6x6 Bull I am so proud of is going home with me!

By the time we left, we had 4 bulls down at camp, one wounded and they were looking for one when we pulled out!

Comment

Oustanding elk, shot, pictures, and write up! Congratulations on your perseverance and the memories you have made, not to mention the meat!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X