Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to hunting this area too, in South Archer co. when is the peak of rut typically? Mid nov.?

Comment

I'm in. We're in NE Throckmorton County close to the river. The wife has had some major medical issues this spring and summer so I haven't got much done at the ranch. She's doing much better and I'm ready to spend more time out in big sky country.

Throwin Darts I recognize your place, just east of the Throckmorton County line. I drive by it all the time, great looking camp!

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
        I'm in. We're in NE Throckmorton County close to the river. The wife has had some major medical issues this spring and summer so I haven't got much done at the ranch. She's doing much better and I'm ready to spend more time out in big sky country.

Throwin Darts I recognize your place, just east of the Throckmorton County line. I drive by it all the time, great looking camp!
        Yes that's me. Me, TxAg and MLank are out there all season. Stop by for a beer.

Comment

Things are looking pretty good for us in Jack County. This will be our third year and have yet to take a deer. Last year the deer disappeared in the oaks due to all the acorns. It’s been fun watching them grow, but we have a couple that are ready. Will be discing and prepping a couple of food plots this month for Sept/Oct planting. Second year for planting so we are rookies. Also trying a couple of hand corn spots to see how they respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just got on a place south of Seymour. We are less than a mile from southern end of Millers Creek Reservoir. There are several creeks and 2 big wheat fields on the place. Anybody hunt around there? I'm curious what kind of deer I can expect to see. We've had feeders set up for about a month. Plenty of Does and a few young bucks so far but nothing big yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mix View Post
              We just got on a place south of Seymour. We are less than a mile from southern end of Millers Creek Reservoir. There are several creeks and 2 big wheat fields on the place. Anybody hunt around there? I'm curious what kind of deer I can expect to see. We've had feeders set up for about a month. Plenty of Does and a few young bucks so far but nothing big yet.
              What county rd are you off of?

Comment

You can expect to see some big deer. But, you gotta wait them out. The big boys don't come out to play until it gets cold. Hunt the wheat. Pray for timely rains for the wheat. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                  Heading out Friday afternoon to Jack County. Looking forward to checking cameras. Not looking forward to building pens and trimming limbs in 105* weather though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  It's going to be about 10 degrees cooler next weekend. Just sayin'...

I bailed on a trip this weekend in favor of a few degrees cooler next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                    What county rd are you off of?
                    We are off 190

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      You can expect to see some big deer. But, you gotta wait them out. The big boys don't come out to play until it gets cold. Hunt the wheat. Pray for timely rains for the wheat. Good luck.
                      Thanks. I'm pretty excited about it.

Comment

We are off 190
                        You should see some good deer. If you have good wheat fields you will be in the deer but also the hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                          You should see some good deer. If you have good wheat fields you will be in the deer but also the hogs.
                          Good deal. I'm already picking on the pigs.

Comment

Sounds like a veteran move!

Good to have all you new guys in the area. Should be a good one!

Comment

That's what I'm talking about...

Comment

Were 25 miles NW of Wichata Falls. Storms rolled thru with 80 mph winds. We have had 2 tactacam cameras out for two weeks. They also can be used for weather reporting. It rained! They shut off for a coupla hours. I thought we might have lost them both.
                                A friend in Archery City sent the second picture of damage there. Hope no one lost any equipment!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X