No announcement yet.

Career change help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ups will be street hiring for a new Arlington facility here very soon. Its been good to me over 23 yrs. Get u a cdl. They will help u get it.
    Another suggestion is a line man for an electric company.

Comment

Thank everyone, applied at amazon and ups...waiting game

Keep em coming

Comment

Originally posted by jbonney1986 View Post
        Thank everyone, applied at amazon and ups...waiting game

Keep em coming
        I have worked for BEK for 12 years and this is a great program we offer. This job is in Ft.Worth. Its hard work and even though I don't know you, I am willing to put my name out there for you. This is a big deal, because I dont do this for anyone but this is a great opportunity. My name is Justin Lane and I am a DOT transportation supervisor at the Gulf Coast branch.

NON DOT route service trainee is the job you will need to apply for.

Search delivery jobs at Ft.Worth branch.

Comment

How about Ben E Keith, huge warehouse behind the high school seems like would have something available.

Also, Polaris north of town off 51 has mentioned hiring on Facebook a few times.

Comment

I too was a working ranch cowboy for many years. After marriage and kids I went to another career as well. I chose the welding industry. Was a welder in a machine shop for 15 years. I later went to weld inspection where I currently work. Unfortunately most good paying jobs have very demanding work schedules. But for the most part punching a time clock will be better than punching cows. Lots of jobs everywhere in the welding field. Easy to learn if you can't. Good luck with your chosen path!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Txdot.

Comment

https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com has over 1,500 positions open in Ft Worth.

Have you consider going back to school? Tarrant County community college has an aircraft mechanic school. It’s a high demand field that pays well.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
                  https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com has over 1,500 positions open in Ft Worth.

Have you consider going back to school? Tarrant County community college has an aircraft mechanic school. It’s a high demand field that pays well.
                  I’ve applied at over 30 jobs at Lockheed, haven’t had any luck, seems tough to get in. I’ve been back to school twice while cowboying to try and bring in some extra cash, it’s not for me, but I tried!

Comment

Free lance welding?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      Free lance welding?
                      If I had all the equipment and was good then yes, I basically can just make it stick haha

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                        X