Arizona otc mule deer hunt in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Me and a couple other TBHers went to Unit 27 this past January. It was a cool experience and I'll definitely be returning. All of us got within range but no one closed the deal. You don't necessarily need to be taking super long shots as others have said, we got within 30yds a couple of times - you just need to be patient and careful (and sneaky).

My advice is to find water. Get up early, glass all day. The ground is crunchy and makes stalking difficult so keep an extra pair of socks in the bag to throw on. I did notice that mulies are not like white tails - if you spook them and the wind is still in your favor just stay put, they'll often circle back around to the same spot.

We were seeing the most deer around 4500', but the hunter density was also pushing some to higher elevations.

I was planning on 27. You mentioned hunter pressure. Going to hunt southern part of 27. Planning on mountain biking about 10-13 miles back away from all the other hunters. I should be all alone!!![emoji1018][emoji1662]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

I hope those tires are tubeless and full of Stans!!!! That sounds like a lot of fun! MTB + BOW!!!!! Nice bike!!!
        Last edited by Darkarcher159; 12-02-2018, 01:07 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by Darkarcher159 View Post
          I hope those tires are tubeless and full of Stans!!!! That sounds like a lot of fun! MTB + BOW!!!!! Nice bike!!!

Emergency bag. Spare tube, slime, tools, and foot pump all attached to rear rack!! Used this setup in Colorado on my elk hunt this year. Worked great!! Attached on the back end of bike a burley cart to haul out game!!!

Comment

Bought 2 in case someone wanted to join me in a legal trail back country big game hunt!!!

Comment

I'll also be in the southern portion of 27 this January with my brother. Nothing but tents and boots for us but several roads look like they go for 15+ miles back so I'd imagine a Monday-Friday hunt should find us alone for most of it. Good luck to anyone else going!

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
                Bought 2 in case someone wanted to join me in a legal trail back country big game hunt!!!

AWESOME SETUPS! We biked in and hunted elk this year.. Was tough/rewarding experience.

Comment

Who makes that bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                    Who makes that bike?

M2S bikes. Don’t know if you all paid attention but these are electric fat tire bikes!! These bikes are awesome! Well built and fun to ride. Cheaper than quiet Kay and the Rambo hunting E Bikes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2562.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24563139

Comment

These bikes are $1750.

Comment

Good to know I live right next to shnf and always wondered what they would say about e bikes.

Comment

Colorado elk hunt 2018

Comment

Just got confirmation from supervisor of recreation in the Apache National Forest. Ebikes on mountain bike trails are legal. Always good to call ahead of time just in case the National Forest Service makes any changes. Also, was getting any updates on road closures etc.. Its a go!!! Now maybe I should try and get in shape??[emoji848]. Good luck to you boys heading out to mule deer country OTC AZ!!

Comment

i might be going to arizona the second part of Jan. I would be willing to join up with a group of OTC guys if theres room. I have alot of exp way back hiking in on public land in new mex and colo but never been to az. I harvested an archery MD this yr in new mex on public land so I feel like I can contribute my share of knowledge of maps etc and can help packing out.

Pm me if anyone is open to this

Comment

Working...
                                X