Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benchmade Customer Service

Very refreshing!

I broke the tip off of my mini-griptillian using it as a screwdriver. I contacted them and told them what happened and asked how to purchase a new blade (I found a youtube video that showed how to replace them). Here's the response I got:

Hi Robert,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in response to your email. If you haven't sent your 555 in for repair yet, please do! That would be covered under your warranty. While its here we'll give it a good tune up at no charge. I'll include the warranty returns form for you to fill out and send with the knife.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with and have a great day!

Best Regards,
    Dawn Arthur
    Customer Service Representative

E darthur@benchmade.com
    P 800.800.7427 x 158
    F 503.496.1896

BENCHMADE KNIFE CO, INC
    300 BEAVERCREEK RD
    OREGON CITY, OR 97045
    WWW.BENCHMADE.COM

That’s excellent really. Not saying you should have known better but I’m surprised the warranty covers using it in other ways than intended. That is great!

It is refreshing to hear of some great customer service. I'm still going round and round with Costa on my second pair of broken prescription glasses. Both frames broke in the same spot not related to use. It's not looking good yet and I'm calling through the executive team now.

Comment

wonder if they'll take two on the same form?

Mine aint broke but could use a tune up after 12 years of ownership

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

I think if you send it in, they’ll sharpen / tune it for free no?

Comment

After about a year of owning my first mini griptillian, I got the bright idea to take it apart and clean it. It specifically says on their website not to take the knife apart and clean it. I drop one of crucial parts and it disappears into the abyss of my garage floor. I emailed them asking how much the part was, and they replied within 20 minutes asking for my address so that they could mail me the part free of charge. The even offered to re-assemble my knife if I couldn't get it back together. I now send mine in (I own 3 of their knives now) about once a year and pay for the lifesharp program. Every single time, they come back with all new screws, and one time even a new clip that they didn't charge me for. Also always seem to be a few stickers in there. Customer for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Yes...probably so. They have a "life sharp" program. They will sharpen and tune it up for you for free.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	24556009

Comment

They got some nice knifes! Solid company for sure!

Comment

You'd think a guy with as many screws loose as you there would be a few screwdrivers on you at all times. That said I do love my new benchmade too.

Comment

I bent the clip on mine. Tried to bend it back with pliers and broke the plastic handle. I called them and explained what I did, they said send it in. Fixed the handle, replaced the clip and sharpened it. No charge. They bought a loyal customer for life.

Comment

Yes they will take 2 on one form
                    Great to deal with. 2-3 week turn a round though

Comment

They use some really good steel. My dad bought me one 2 or 3 years back. Still havent sharpened it and it will cut you wide open if you look at it too hard. Good to hear they take care of their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

gotta love it. It's like TFO, I sent them an email a couple years ago after I broke my fly rod closing the tailgate and asked them if I could but a new end piece. They said "no, we don't care why it broke it's under warranty no matter what"

Comment

Kudos to Benchmade. I wonder if they offer the same warranty on their red box made in china everyday knives?

Comment

Best knives around...

Never seen a Redbox Benchmade... Only blue box

I'll agree to disagree on TFO... They screwed me over hard and tried to do it mutiple times

Comment

I have two of the same BM knives...I let my class III buddy ship the dull one back from time to time with the rest of his customer's batch. It's the only two knives of many I do not have to worry about.

Like Leopold, one of the best CS centers around. Go Benchmade!!

Comment

Working...
                              X