No announcement yet.

Source for hiring new employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiting bonus with your current employees. Best ones reward employees that bring you candidates that stay. Mine pay at hire date 90 days and 6 months. Statistics say if you keep an employee 6 months there is a 71 percent chance they stay 2 years. In my business 2 years is a career these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
      Might try a temp service. Let them do your vetting & if the person you have temporarily works out you can keep them on full time after their commitment is up.

I used Indeed for my techs when I was looking for replacement personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      this sounds like the best option, as things go . you just call them up and say it aint working, they don't send them back, or vice versa, working well, send more like this one

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        We’ve had great luck with college job fairs. Don’t overlook people you know in the construction industry. You rent equipment, maybe one of your lower-level customer contacts is looking to make a move. At the very least, let them all know you’re looking. They’ll find you someone. Lastly, I’ve had GREAT luck hiring kids of my friends, kids of fellow TBHers, and even family members. Don’t hire anyone you can’t fire, but those people often work harder just to not let you down. Good luck and if I come across anyone, I’ll send them your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This. If you are near a college also reach out to their career center.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
          Johnny on here has a staffing company, Locke Technical Services I think is the name. Good luck with your search.

@Johnny did a great job for us when we were looking for a construction admin. Very pleased with him and his company. Great experience.

Comment

Where can I get more info and who do I send my resume to?

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, I'm not looking forward to it that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
                Where can I get more info and who do I send my resume to?
                To me, but I think Huntsville to Pasadena is a bit far.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                  Thanks for all the responses, I'm not looking forward to it that's for sure.
                  Just remember that work ethic, attitude and drive are a lot harder to teach than skills.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                    @Johnny did a great job for us when we were looking for a construction admin. Very pleased with him and his company. Great experience.

I appreciate the words Derek! That reminds me, I need to send you some trail cam pics.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      To me, but I think Huntsville to Pasadena is a bit far.

I was about to ask the same thing and I’m in Huntsville as well.... bummer

Comment

It’s hard right now. I’m looking for IT guys to join our team in Houston (L1-L4). We are finding some entry level guys at college job gatherings.

Comment

Johnny I sent you a PM

Comment

Good luck! I am trying to hire 4 and only had 6 interviews....

Comment

Working...
                            X