Source for hiring new employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for hiring new employee

I'm going to be looking for a new employee. It will be an entree level job at an eguipment rental company. Any experts on the GS that know where to to look, l don't know a lot of younger guys to interview. Would I be smart to use a hiring agency? I'm not wanting a friends kid or kin folk in case it doesn't work out. Any advice would be appreciated. Kevin

Agency of Good Luck

Comment

Might try a temp service. Let them do your vetting & if the person you have temporarily works out you can keep them on full time after their commitment is up.

I used Indeed for my techs when I was looking for replacement personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Unfortunately your best option is HERE

Comment

Trouble I had in the past with using a agency. They do the leg work, but end up throwing a bunch of people at you hoping one will stick. May be better off going to a union hall or agency that specializes in operators.As much construction going on in Houston good luck

Comment

We have had best response using a banner on our fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Unfortunately your best option is HERE
              Lol

Comment

Right now it’s been tough. We are trying to hire a maintenance tech with an emphasis in industrial electrical & we use a local staffing agency. It amazes me how many candidates they send our way that haven’t worked in the past year or so

Comment

Have you tried indeed or one of the other online systems?

Comment

Anywhere near a military base? Search for job fairs or call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Job fairs. Colleges.

Comment

We’ve had good luck using Meador Staffing for office personnel. What I like best it’s kind of a try it before you buy it system. If for whatever reason you don’t think the employee will work out you just tell them you don’t want Johnny back but you still need the position filled. I provide them with an hourly wage, job description and qualifications and usually I have someone within 3 or 4 candidate interviews. I think we pay about 150% of the wage and the candidate is available for direct hire after about 3 months.

Comment

Johnny on here has a staffing company, Locke Technical Services I think is the name. Good luck with your search.

Comment

I could use an entree job

Comment

We’ve had great luck with college job fairs. Don’t overlook people you know in the construction industry. You rent equipment, maybe one of your lower-level customer contacts is looking to make a move. At the very least, let them all know you’re looking. They’ll find you someone. Lastly, I’ve had GREAT luck hiring kids of my friends, kids of fellow TBHers, and even family members. Don’t hire anyone you can’t fire, but those people often work harder just to not let you down. Good luck and if I come across anyone, I’ll send them your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X