Guy across the street recording my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    The bravado abounds. Best advice is to not provoke him in any way.
    so just let him run the neighborhood like a kingpin????

B.S. but the other people were vastly unprepared for what took place... you just never know who you are F'ing with.

be careful.

Comment

I would rip it off the corner of his house at the right time. no camera no pictures.

Comment

He asked him politely not to record his house and family
        the man responded by brandishing a firearm (implied threat)
        then threatened to "mess him up" (terroristic threat)
        and he would "get him" (terroristic threat)
        all the while behaving like a lunatic
        definitely enough to get the police involved
        and i would armed everytime i was outside

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
          You can go to hell for cullin pie but chocolate it is!
          You know how it is... one you miss is one you never make up.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            He eventually burnt the house down and left a couple months ago. No drama was ever had.
            Aren't these 2 sentences just a little contradicting?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Your should get 3 or 4 of those fake cameras and put them all along the side of the house facing his house..... JK that would be a terrible idea!

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                so just let him run the neighborhood like a kingpin????

B.S. but the other people were vastly unprepared for what took place... you just never know who you are F'ing with.

be careful.

LMAO at “run the neighborhood like a kingpin.” You mean the guy that stays to himself and doesn’t talk to anyone? The guy who the OP said has been there 10 years and he’s never spoke to him? That’s guy is running the neighborhood like a kingpin?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguitarguy View Post
                  Whats the proper situation here. This guy across the street has a camcorder that he placed on the corner of his house that he faces at different houses randomly everyday. Last week it was faced at my neighbors, this week he has it facing mine.

I believe he is schizophrenic, as we've seen him have episodes over the past few years in the middle of the street. His family moved out and left him there.

We'll I saw him outside the other day and kindly asked him to stop recording or facing that camera towards our house, as I have little girls and a wife that are home by themselves somedays while Im at work. He threw a fit saying that its not illegal (which Im aware of) and that he isnt a convicted felon. He then asked me to step into his property if I want to see what he is recording. He then went into his house and brought out a gun. He left it at his gate as he approached me in the middle of the street and threatened to "mess me up" and that he is going to catch me one day. He may have ahad a pistol on his waist which is why I decided to walk into my property and wait for him to trespass before I called the cops. I never have talked to this guy in the 10 years of living here. This was the first occurrence since I feel nearly violated. Had he had the camera maybe facing his driveway or something, then it wouldn't be an issue. But Ive seen him move his camera during the day to face other houses, so he is doing something purposely.

I'm assuming nothing can be done until he breaks the law; not sure if him brandishing his weapon and threatening to hurt me is illegal, but looking for anything legal I can bring to this guy to at least get him to at least remove that camera.

Any thoughts?
                  I am just curious why you have lived there 10 years and had never met your neighbor across the street?

Is this in a subdivision or in a country setting?

Is this the same street that someone squatting (as far as you know) built a shack on the vacant wooded lot?

Comment

Did you ever contact the law to just get the incident documented as others recommended since he brought out the "gun" (pistol, rifle, or shotgun?) and threatened you?

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                      ...Then,,,,,,,,If his cameras are motion activated, drive them wild and him crazier - go to the nearest DG and buy half a dozen aluminum pin wheels, place in your /property yard towards his cameras - he will have hours and hours of blank video.
                      The HOA ain't gonna like that!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any update?

Comment

This is why I moved to a dead end road in the middle of nowhere !
                          Now I can be the crazy person.

Comment

Nothing you can do about it. I can walk down the street and stop and take photo's of everyones home and nothing can be done as long as I don't enter the property.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Any update?
                              I think he's going to put a camera pointed back at his house. That should do it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will never miss living in a neighborhood. Too many people living Too close together equals Too many problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X